List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

So as the title suggests that’s my view today “FUCK Ethiad” - the worlds best airline “apparently” - so, I’d booked a ticket, Dublin to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Bangkok ( I know what a shitty route, I don’t know WHAT I was thinking even booking it !!)

So, Ethiad booked me on their partner airline ( air lingus) for the first leg - who ended up being an hour late departing, but who managed to cut that down to about a 40 minutes of a “late delay” - resulting in a tight 40 minute transfer time - tight but certainly more than doable - I however to be sure When on board I suggested to the air lingus crew they might want to call ahead and let the next crew know that myself and several other passengers WERE coming. “Oh no, no need sir”.... however the closer ( and later ) we got they conceded and did that and so there was a member of airport staff waiting for us at the gate - who was beyond useless !

She took us all - at a walking pace - towards passport control and then just stood there. Eventually we asked “so what you have us fast tracked here or what ?” to which she cheekily replied “I don’t know why you’re standing here, I can’t help you with passport control”. At this stage realising she was useless I gave up on her and RAN on towards the gate only for them to literally almost close the door in my face as I arrived !!

Some large German Ethiad “customer service” manager was then physically placed in front of me explaining loudly that I would NOT be allowed to board as “I” had missed my flight ! Needless to say a VERY frank exchange of views then took place with me reminding them it was their ( and their partners ) crap service that had caused the issue not us passengers ! Either way we were all denied boarding.

We were then then instructed to go get our backs from a particular carousel, we went there and it and all others were empty - as was the airport which was closing in 35 minutes ! Eventually we found one guy who didn’t even work for any airline but for the baggage handlers and he told us “honestly” - you’re screwed as our luggage system stops at 11pm, but don’t worry your bags will go to secure storage and you’ll just have to come to collect them again tomorrow.

We then had had to go to a different terminal to find the ONE air lingus agent guy left in the whole airport who we hoped could find us a hotel, which eventually he did. I should point out while all this was going on I called Ethiads “customer service” line and they couldn’t have cared less and their answer was “go talk to air lingus, it’s their problem ( at nearly 11pm when their desk was totally unmanned and the airport closing !)

Cut a long and stressful story short we were sent to a random hotel, had to come back to the airport this morning / only to find that our bags had in fact been left sitting on a carousel ALL NIGHT unsecured until the morning shift started ! And then we had to fight all over again to get redirected on another airline flying direct to Bangkok - so I’m now siting at the gate waiting to board the next Thai Airways flight and hoping my luggage is following me !

So, apologies for the long post but as I said at the start FUCK Eithad Airways and their TOTAL lack of ANY customer service or care ! They’ll be hearing from me on my return !

As others have mentioned though thank GOD I HAD booked ONE THROUGH TICKET and not deprecate journeys or I would have been TOTALLY screwed !

2. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 6th, 2019)

Liked

Re: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

You'll be in Thailand soon. Half a bottle of whiskey, a four hand massage, a couple blowjobs, some dtom yam gung, and you should be all set and stress free again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If they had of offered even ONE of those things last night it might have helped take the sting out of it all - but alas no. Was given a meal voucher worth 28 euros - a burger in the hotel restaurant cost 26 euro !! ( funnily enough) meaning I had to even buy my own beer ! Disgraceful ! :-)

Liked

NIrish guy. You realise that if you just stay in Thailand and never go back to Ireland, this can never happen again?

Liked

26 euros for a burger!!!

What the hell was it made from? Panda meat.

7. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (July 6th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Please tell me you read Airline Reviews....If not time to start!
    No need to read beyond the first page....
    https://www.airlinequality.com/airli...tihad-airways/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    .....there was a member of airport staff waiting for us at the gate - who was beyond useless !

She took us all - at a walking pace - towards passport control and then just stood there. Eventually we asked “so what you have us fast tracked here or what ?” to which she cheekily replied “I don’t know why you’re standing here, I can’t help you with passport control”. At this stage realising she was useless I gave up on her and RAN on towards the gate only for them to literally almost close the door in my face as I arrived !!

Some large German Ethiad “customer service” manager was then physically placed in front of me explaining loudly that I would NOT be allowed to board as “I” had missed my flight !
    What complete ****s ! Slamming the door on you, when there is a group on a connecting flight. You are right to tell as many people as possible about their shitty service and take your business elsewhere.

10. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (July 6th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

So as the title suggests that’s my view today “FUCK Ethiad” - the worlds best airline “apparently” -
    Sounds a terrible experience, but I'm not sure where you got the idea that Etihad is the world's best airline! From that part of the world Emirates are good and Qatar even better, but Etihad is nowhere close.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Wolzek (July 7th, 2019)

Liked

What a horrible experience NIrish. I hope you'll soon be enjoying the delights of Thailand (can't imagine what they are, myself). Chin up, lad.

But seriously, why would you add Frankfurt to your trip when Etihad and Emirates fly direct to Abu Dhabi or Dubai? I don't understand that.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Banned
    Liked

So, apologies for the long post but as I said at the start FUCK Eithad Airways and their TOTAL lack of ANY customer service or care ! They’ll be hearing from me on my return !
    Did you stamp your foot as well?