Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuck! What an idiot...

Liked

Fuck! What an idiot...

I'm pissed, and I feel guilty, although there's no reason for me to. Leo hung out here for a while, witnessed my lifestyle, and thought to himself, "that looks much better than the farm, I want to do that too!".

So that's it, he's hitting up his mom for money, and going to a college in Savannahket to "learn computer". This basically equates to him spending his parent's life savings and 2 years of his life to get an education he could get for free off Google in 1 month.

I feel kind of bad, because it's somewhat my fault. He hung out here, and we'd go into town, nonchalantly spend thousands of baht, come back home to cook up a nice shrimp dinner, then I'd resign myself to my computer chair with some music, a whiskey, my dogs, and push a bunch of buttons and money magically somehow shows up in my account. He thinks it's a hell of an idea, so wants to do it too.

I've tried talkig him out of the schooling thing, but he won't listen. I've offered to help teach him, but only if he shows the ambition, fortitude, and ability to learn new things and teach himself new things on his own. That's the most important aspect of the work I do -- you're learning new things every week, due to how quickly technology moves.

But nope, he's going to school, will spend his mom's life savings, and 2 years of his life learning obsolete shit from probably 10 years ago. Then upon graduating, will be at the exact same spot in life he is at today. Tried telling him, but he doesn't want to listen.

Liked

Re: Fuck! What an idiot...

But he will have diploma. For Thais doc is more important than knowledges.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 18th, 2016), Buck Bee (August 18th, 2016), frequent (August 19th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    But he will have diploma. For Thais doc is more important than knowledges.
    And who exactly is going to hire him? I know he's hoping I will hire him, but can't see that happening.

I'm sure you have an idea of what he'll be learning. It will be totally useless when it comes to the real world, paying bills, and putting food on the table.

He doesn't want to listen though, so fuck it, go ahead and spend your parent's life savings and 2 years of your life learning Pascal or whatever the fuck they teach at some small IT college in Savannahket.

I tired to help him. I kept telling him the most important aspect is the ability to learn and teach youself. So go Google "learn php", and teach yourself how to write a HTML form that sends e-mail via PHP. It's one of the most basic things there is in software, and I could do it in 60 seconds. Told him if he could manage that, I'll put in the hours to help teach him. Wasn't willing to though, so fuck it, up to him.

Liked

The qualification is the entry ticket, never mind that it might be obsolete in next to no time.

The bigger risk is getting a naff qualification from a college without a qualification.

I visited the town once. The attached picture shows the sauna. I trust his college looks smarter, but I doubt it rivals Cambridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 26th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Being the rich guy you are and how by your own admission you believe you actually started this whole process you could of course just go ahead and pay his college fees for him if thats what he really wants to do and avoid his mother using up her precious savings ?

I'm guessing his college fees are a mere pittance compared to your weekly take home cheque and if he's a live in student with you then I'm sure you'd be getting your fair share of horizontal benefits too from the arrangement ? Not to mention the pleasure of his company which was the whole reason you invited him in the first place - wasn't it ? The term be careful what you wish for springs to mind perhaps.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 18th, 2016), christianpfc (August 19th, 2016), Dax (August 18th, 2016), Tintin (August 19th, 2016)

Liked

I might be missing something here.
    Who's Leo?
    And which one of you is The Fucking Idiot? Really, it's not clear.
    Please advise.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 18th, 2016), christianpfc (August 19th, 2016), francois (August 18th, 2016), frequent (August 19th, 2016), Patanawet (August 18th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

relax everyone...when this fails im sure matty boy will pack him onto a BKK bound bus where leo can find his fortune shaking his money maker in soi twilight.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I'm guessing his college fees are a mere pittance compared to your weekly take home cheque and if he's a live in student with you then
    You must be right on the college fees, but the college is in Laos, so I'm not sure about live in.

Although the last thread on this story died when everyone figured out it didn't all stack up.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ah yes sorry I missed that part of the story, well no problem, Matt can simply get him enrolled in a Thai college local to his home, pay his bills and move him in, there ya go, job done. Live in BF AND helping him with his studies - I'm sure Matt's Karma account will sky rocket for all those good deeds :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

karma....???!!!!!...really....I assume that matt will be making full use of leo's body...enuf compensation I say. No need to get the gods and karma involved.