Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya trip report june 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Pattaya trip report june 2019

@all

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments!

Here are a couple pictures. (Blurred tattoos & faces to protect their privacy)

waterpark.jpg
    kohlahn-02.jpg
    kohlahn-01x.jpg

@oliver2

I stayed at the zing resort & spa, Jomtien complex. It's not a luxury hotel, but you get value for money. I loved the swimming pool and the modern rooms. Due to a booking error on my part, I had to change rooms in the middle of my stay. While the first room had a balcony with room for a small party, the second room only had a tiny one. It required some acrobatics to fit myself and my temporary loved one.

I mainly ate street food. The only restaurant that I visited often was the 8jomtien restaurant, a family-run outdoor restaurant on the corner of the Jomtien complex and the Thappraya road, close to the hotel. Good Thai and Falang food for a reasonable price.

@Asdara

I mostly use the baht bus to move around the city (10 baht). Occasionaly, I hire a motorbike taxi (60 baht jomtien complex - downtown Pattaya).
    I used grab to catch a taxi (got one in less than 2 minutes) to go to ramayana. If you offer to cancel the trip on grab after the taxi has arrived, you can get a discount. The same car picked us up for the return trip.

I bought the tickets at a travel agency near central festival. I tried to locate it on google maps, but to no avail. In hindsight, it looks like I paid less or more the same as their current '50% off' online promotion for residents on their website.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (June 25th, 2019), christianpfc (June 26th, 2019), Jellybean (June 24th, 2019)