Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
Close to retirement here in the USA. Wondering if I get a statement of earnings from Social Security Administration if this would be acceptable. Have to work one more year so I get the required amount per month necessary for Thai authorities.
Unfortunately Gaybutton’s response has confused getting an initial visa with extending an existing visa. For getting the visa all you need apart from the other paperwork is evidence of the equivalent of 800K in a US bank or 65K income. Your Social Security letter should suffice. That will give you a 12-month visa which, if you leave Thailand and return immediately before the “enter before” date will give you almost two years from getting the initial visa. That will give you the second 12 months to comply with the monthly deposits before you have to worry about the rigmarole including a local bank account to which Gaybutton refers - and frankly who knows what the regulations might be by then. For the best information I suggest you look to travellerjim’s thread from a couple of months ago