Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songkran in Pattaya

Liked

Songkran in Pattaya

First time here for Songkran. Just interested to post some experiences.
    I was on a baht bus into pattaya. An older gay asian couple sat opposite me. As the bus stopped in traffic a girl threw water into the bus, wetting the couple. They laughed. Then four Indian men boarded and sat beside them. They were young but very fat with beady eyes - like predators planning a hunt. The bus stopped in traffic opposite the VC hotel and we were attacked. Dozens of Thais and young tourists sprayed the inside of the bus with water guns and threw buckets of ice water over the passengers. The indians screamed and the gay couple crossed to lean over me because I was on the dry side. It did no good they were still soaked. However they covered me and I was mostly dry. The biggest fattest Indian was screaming because he was the biggest target, but he was afraid to get off the bus. When the bus started to move again he took off his shirt swearing and exposing his huge belly. He squeezed the shirt and litres of water came from it. I pressed the bell for my stop to go to Tukcom and he rushed off the bus and ran away. I am still laughing

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Songkran in Pattaya

I was hit in the face by a bucket of iced water on the way from Jomtien. It was thrown by a group of girls. The bus was traveling at over 30mph and it was very painful. I didn't laugh. That was in 2001; I've never been back to Thailand during Songkran since then.
    If I were to go, it would be to Kamphaeng Phaet where, as I write, P is welcoming his parents to his home and then visiting his grandparents to sprinkle water over them and then visiting his temple to wash images of the Buddha. That is what Songkran is supposed to be about.
    Not attacking tourists , even if they are fat, beady-eyed and look like predators (sic). And Indian.

3. 6 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 20th, 2019), dinagam (April 14th, 2019), frequent (April 14th, 2019), gerefan2 (April 14th, 2019), snotface (April 14th, 2019), splinter1949 (April 14th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I was hit in the face by a bucket of iced water on the way from Jomtien. It was thrown by a group of girls.
    Better than a stray bullet up your ass in Gaza, doncha think?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Stray" bullets in Gaza? No; they are well-aimed sniper bullets , from snipers, using snipers' rifles. And they are invariably dum-dum bullets...which is why they aim at the legs of twelve year-olds, knowing that the kids will be crippled for life. Except when they are used to shoot medics, naturally.
    Apart from that, you are right.

6. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 14th, 2019)

Liked

Yes, well I meant a Palestinian bullet not Israeli. They fire bullets straight up into a downtown Gaza night ( just for the hell of it seems) so one in the ass or one in the head can happen with ease . . . I'm sure the 12-year olds enjoy that. Great soldiers those boys.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    "Stray" bullets in Gaza? No; they are well-aimed sniper bullets
    Some years back I was on the way from my condo to Sunee plaza, I was on a motorbike when I was hit in the face with one of those high power water guns, at the moment I was hit it caused momentary blindness causing me to partially lose control of the bike however, I was able to safely stop only to see the laughter of the shooter and his young Arab friends, at that moment I wished their was a “well-aimed sniper bullet”!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

9. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 19th, 2019)

Liked

We got trapped in a bar in the Jomtien Complex last night. A water fight erupted on either side of us. A group of about twenty, mostly Thais, went for it outside the Question Mark bar. A spray hose soaked everyone while buckets of water were also used liberally. One slim handsome Thai was so wet he took his shirt off. Then another and another. The water kept coming and it wasn't long before their shorts also became so wet that they were discarded as well. Several were now down to their white briefs. More water and unfortunately the briefs became so wet that they provided no protection to their modesty. I felt so embarassed for them. The fight continued for over an hour with all-but-naked boys running up and down the street in front of us as we sat in the relative safety of the Cocka2 Bar. It was terrible to see. And I am told it is likely to recur every night this week.

11. 9 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (April 17th, 2019), bobsaigon2 (April 16th, 2019), dab69 (April 17th, 2019), francois (April 16th, 2019), Jellybean (April 17th, 2019), lonelywombat (April 17th, 2019), Smiles (April 18th, 2019), Surfcrest (April 17th, 2019), TaoR (April 16th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    It was terrible to see. And I am told it is likely to recur every night this week.
    Thats terrible, must have been painful to watch the guys going through that, perhaps we should start a board funding campaign and send you some money each day that you could distribute to those you feel who are in most of need of it, with them coming to your room to ensure their privacy and so as not to embarrass them being seen to receive charity from farang. I did try to start that fund off but unfortunately it seems my credit card has been declined from over use by my asian BF so perhaps some other kind board member might be good enough to help those poor unfortunates out ?

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (April 16th, 2019), Jellybean (April 17th, 2019), Kenny (April 16th, 2019)

Liked

` It was terrible to see. And I am told it is likely to recur every night this week`

Very sad ..Could you upload some pics of the said occurrence ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im not sure that pics would relay the horror that those poor souls have had to endure, I think perhaps it's more fitting that you upload video/s so that we can share their pain in a fuller more hands on way.