Quote Originally Posted by 2lz2p View Post
But, I was communicating with a British chap recently who also uses trasferwise to send money from his UK bank to his Kasikorn Bank account. He had just discovered that his deposits were being recorded as domestic transfers by Kasikorn Bank. Based on further inquiries, he said that apparently Transferwise sends funds to a particular Thai bank (he didn't find out which one), which then transfers the funds on to his bank account as a domestic transfer. Although no firm rules have yet been provided by Thai Immigration, he hopes they will accept his copy of Transferwise notice showing amount in pounds, fees, and baht transferred is in agreement with the amount recorded as received by Kasikorn Bank.
my bank in Australia transfers to Kasikorn Bank via Thai Military Bank thus is a local transaction in my Kasikorn passbook, but directly to Bangkok Bank thus is a foreign transaction, with lower fees and usually arrives a day faster

I have previously asked Kasikorn for the full paperwork on one transfer and for a fee they provided the details of the foreign funds arriving at TMB and the fees and transfer to Kasikorn which immigration accepted - but I wouldn't like to be doing that every month