Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Looks like karaoke bar, tonight a small band of 3 guys playing Top40 type pop tunes. Could have been karaoke, the guy singing was butchering quite a good song, "Havana" by Camila Cabello.

Not very loud, surprisingly. The bar has glass doors that can be closed into a glass wall, all doors open tonight, and sound level very reasonable.

Boyztown very busy overall, Panorama seemed full.
    What wasn't exactly full of customers is the newly opened Boyz Music.

Apologies for typo in the title, auto correct, maybe Moderator can fix it.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 25th, 2018), colmx (November 24th, 2018), Jellybean (November 25th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Former Let Café now reopened as Boyz Music

What time was that video taken? It will need more customers than that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    What time was that video taken? It will need more customers than that.
    Around 11PM. Saturday night. Doesn't look like a strong start.

Walked through again at midnight, a bit busier. But opening night, it should be packed.

This is walk through Boyztown at midnight, Saturday night.

I did keep phone camera away from people's faces, pointing down outside gogo bars.
    Notice a barrier outside Boyz Boyz Boyz, it wasn't there just few nights ago, must be to keep noise away from Panorama. Chairs and tables of BBB are also pushed backed, last week tables were right in a middle of a Soi,, and no barrier.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 25th, 2018), Jellybean (November 25th, 2018), poshglasgow (November 30th, 2018), TaoR (November 25th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    I did keep phone camera away from people's faces, .
    Ha, maybe not. You got a close up of two of my Farang friends!!

Anyway why do BBB need blaring ear shattering music OUTSIDE their bar?

You don't see it at similar bars like Dreamboys BKK, Jupiter 2018, or any other place that I can think of.

TiT?

Liked

Re: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Thanks for video tour DD - good to see the Soi from Cafe Royale round to Cupidol bright but once you moved out of it the rest of the area is just derelict and depressing.

In the bars that were open fronted, there seemed to be a lack of numbers. Could be packed out inside of course but what's visible is a mere shadow of past glories.

Very surprised Oscars appears still closed up - the rent can't be so high surely that no-one can see an opportunity?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Very surprised Oscars appears still closed up - the rent can't be so high surely that no-one can see an opportunity?
    The rent rate was the precise final nail in the coffin for the last consortium of Oscar's owners. It went up by a ridiculous amount. The bar was mostly a business to give them a base, or reason to base themselves in Thailand. They already have business interests back in their home country. They enjoyed running the bar as well as it being a going concern, but there reached a point where the effort just wasn't worth it. After they had emptied the premises of their stock and the fixtures/ fittings they owned, the premises owners made a tentative approach which was taken as a move to 'negotiate' the rent. If they had done that instead of an overnight rent increase demand, Oscars might well still be operating as normal.

But it might still attract new renters if the Soi has an increase of customers attracted by the new Boyz Music bar if it 'takes off'. The fact it's only a one-shop wide frontage is a slight disadvantage, but the previous owners of Oscars said they had a decent amount of footfall over the whole evening's opening hours when they ran it.

As for the new Boyz Music bar in the soi, it's got to be a very welcome addition no matter what 'noise' it creates, still a lot better than a dark, empty premises large enough to put a complete damper on the whole soi. It will attract more customers to the soi who will no doubt also visit other bars. The type of open front Music Bar is one Asians, especially Thais do like. That is why Walking Street clubs have become so popular with the gay Thai lads and compete directly with NAB, Hollywood etc for a night out. There are 3/4 large open fronted Music Bars on Walking St which are very popular, Music Café attached to Lucifer and CandyShop are a couple of popular examples. Many Asians come to Pattaya specifically to party as well as looking to hook up, so it will be interesting to see how the location in Boyztown Soi 3 works out for a Music Bar.

Also, as its a professional live band as opposed to amateur Karaoke participants the music should give the soi lots more 'atmosphere'. I know a few of the BBB management and one of the part time DJs sent me a video of rehearsals last week, the female singer seemed way off-key but it was only rehearsals, so I hope she ups the game for the real thing.

Not sure why certain individuals here are fixated on ages of westerners versus 'young' Asians visiting Boyztown, there are plenty of older/mature Asians who visit for the same reasons, also no matter your age, if you enjoy the music or the atmosphere then there's every reason to visit BT and be part of it in the same way as previous years. Certainly visitors who have come to enjoy a holiday. If you live in Pattaya permanently I'm sure most things become jaded eventually when you've seen them a ton of times.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 26th, 2018), arsenal (November 26th, 2018), scottish-guy (November 25th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Rent at Boyztown is brutal.
    Just 1 year ago, before shutting down, Le Café owner was laying out around 500.000 THB every months, 300k rent, rest payroll and bills, and that is just the bar side, hotel was separate business then.
    Night after night, Le Café was dead, at peak hours, 11pm until closing, only staff present. Of course no one would subsidize a bar this long, this is real money for a Thai or foreigner. For the owner to lay
    out this amount, he could have bought a studio apartments in View Talai 1 and 2 for just 3 months running expenses. I'm sure owner was hoping for things to turn around, and he was hoping the place to become major popular spot, it never did.

Unless Chinese gay tourists will be arriving in Pattaya in larger numbers, AND going out to spending money, the new place will have outcome of Le Café. Owners are Chinese, and they are betting on Chinese coming to Boyztown to spend their money. We'll see.

Why is Panorama for sale? Openly, with sign outside? Places like Panorama were never bought and sold with For Sale sign. I'm sure current owner isn't selling Panorama because he has difficulty counting all the cash. And For Sale sign is a sign that he wasn't able to sell by word of mouth, they way bars are usually sold here.

It needs to be reminded, right now there are hardly any Chinese visiting Boyztown, sitting down, and ordering bottle of beer. It's Westerners, and at the very peak season, around New Year, Russians.

Liked

A report on another site said it was great fun. Looking forward to seeing it for myself.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Boyz Music Show Bar is a late night place. Around midnight, Boyzboyzboyz closes and dozens and dozens of
    boys descend on Boyz Music. The second show at boyzboyzboyz has been moved over to Boyz Music.
    It’s not targeted for older gay men but rather where the money is, Asian customers.
    Boyz Music really comes alive after midnight and rocks into the wee hours.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    Boyz Music Show Bar is a late night place. Around midnight, Boyzboyzboyz closes and dozens and dozens of
    boys descend on Boyz Music. The second show at boyzboyzboyz has been moved over to Boyz Music.
    It’s not targeted for older gay men but rather where the money is, Asian customers.
    Boyz Music really comes alive after midnight and rocks into the wee hours.
    Good! I like Asians, and I'm going to descend on Boyz Music when BBB closes. Did you say around midnight? I walked through the Soi Saturday, last night, at midnight, Boyz Music seemed not very busy, maybe it was still too early, and later place becomes livelier. I'm particularly happy it open until wee hours, Boyztown always went dark around 1am, too early.

I am not targeted customer, and as a Westerner I do not have money, compared to young Asian customers, but I'm gonna give a try tonight. Hopefully they let me enter, at least!