I felt with all the experts here on Pattaya ,this would have been reported earlier. But as I realized almost all of them are living overseas or touring other places it may have slipped past them.
Fri night I had dinner in Jomtien and felt like a few drinks before leaving for home.I made my way to Home bar and found a seat upstairs that faced down the soi, with the front view of Venue and the Japanese bar next door and the take away food vans.
They appeared to be a dozen men all wearing black tops hanging round the front on Venue. I thought they were the performers that usually come before 10. Then around the corner came 7/8 vans/trucks that motored all the way through to
Poseiden. I did not have my passport with me and wondered who they were after.
About 8 of the black tops then went into the Venue. They stayed more than 5 minutes and after they came out were joined by a uniformed police officer.
On reflection there was an effort to take photos of all signs both inside and outside of each bar
Next the group went into the Japanese bar . I could not see them talking to the boys.
They had a conference with the officer who was joined by another very tall.
Then into Home bar. They spoke to nobody in the bar but gathered around the bar itself .I saw bar staff holding up what seemed to be time sheets and other items, I could not identify These were photographed as were all signs inside and out, again in detail. I had a conversation with another patron who stated they were more likely immigration rather than local police.
The vans they were in seated 6 in the front, and if a boy was arrested they are handcuffed and tossed into the back.
What annoyed me most was the agression these black tops showed the staff in the bars I wondered if they were expecting kickbacks from boys arrested . The black tops seemed to be calling the shots the officers showing some token control.I had no interest in what was happening at the Poseiden end.