Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

For the second time, P and I spent a few days in the Jomtien Complex. Although the number of visitors was low, and not just gay ones judging by the small numbers of guests in our hotel, the guys in the host bars were there in abundance, as were the masseurs. Good humour and friendliness all around us, despite what must be trying times.

A word of commendation for Dick's Cafe; good food at a reasonable price and with cheerful service.

Moving onto Boyztown last evening, again the number of visitors was disappointing. We noticed in the Royal Garden area that there seemed to be many more Indians and, perhaps fewer Chinese than when we were here in June. Another thread has dealt with the current issues relating Chinese tourism so I'll say no more.

It was sad to see that two premises that once housed stalwarts of Boyztown's better days, Oscar's and Prisma/Funnyboys, are still closed. On the other hand, Le Cafe Royal will soon be up-and-running. I'm told that 50m baht has been spent on refurbishment and, from what I could see, the interior looks very smart.

The owners ( whom I heard to be the same as BBB) were trying- out its sound system in the late afternoon/ early evening. It was overwhelming, particularly with the doors open. The venue is allegedly planning to operate until 0200 and other businesses are concerned that the level of noise will drive customers away from other bars and, of course, the hotels. So I hope the doors will be kept closed so that the needs of those of us who like to have a drink with our boyfriends, or just chat....or even sleep, will be respected.

More investment in Boyztown is welcome. With money being spent on Ambiance and this new music venue (it includes, God help us, karaoke) I hope that the two venues I mentioned earlier can also be sold. I suspect that the coming High Season will be even more important than usual.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 12th, 2018), paborn (October 17th, 2018), Smiles (October 12th, 2018), Up2U (October 12th, 2018)