Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HappyPlacebar some reflections.

Liked

HappyPlacebar some reflections.

A PM from a visitor to Happy Place gave a tongue in cheek report rather long but interesting.

First he notes this originally was a girlie bar, I know that as I attended the opening of Crystals, which was to be a hunks bar like Tawan but never took off. I personally posted to this forum the number of a magnificent guy new to pay for play, who was swamped by members asking for him by number. I wont do that again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of his comments [ which I have had to edit]

Upon entering the bar which has been newly renovated, you can see that the lighting, sound system etc has been renovated to the tune of several million baht.

Drinks were top quality and not half shots or watered down. I had Tanqueray which was the real thing. My friend Absolute. Drink served with scented cold wet towel, free snacks like bananna chips & cashews, macadamia nuts, trail mix and sunflower seeds. Fabulous.

You mentioned discounts for regulars in bars, here buy 4 and get one free. We were offered an expat discount card giving 10% of all drinks,FREE!!!!!! unheard of in Pattaya.

As a size queen you will be pleased to know they describe their boys as """They are tall, short ,chubby, thin, big dick, small dick, anything you want you can find there.""""

There was talk of a party every month on the 30th which is thursday, and every friday and saturday free off draws.

On the down side place is narrow and if there is a crowd it can quickly full. I am sure there are shows fri/sat at 10.30 but I will have to go back[hehehe] to check that out.

This looks like one new bar that seems to have got their act together. Dont ask me if I took a boy off.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Happy Place in soi 2 Pattayaland visited

I wont be able to make it this weekend . Please post if you attend the thursday 30 or friday and saturday show night. I am fascinated to see if this might be a winner.

They seem to have a business plan something other bars seem to lack.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Coincidentally, there's a short note about Happyplace bar on Cruising For Sex, by Biggles69, dated 29 Sep 2010. Permalink. He wrote:

In Boystown last night I was thinking of making a first visit to the re-birthed (for about the 3rd time) "Happy" bar that used to be Crystal. A sign outside proclaimed "Ladies Welcome." - that was enough of a put down for me and I headed elsewhere.

You've been warned about this "happy place".

Happy Place is a fun filled gay bar that allows women to come have a fun time also. All the bars in BoysTown ALSO allow women. It is unfortunate but customers are scarce in off season and we need to make money to pay the bills, That my dear is a true reality, The very few women that do venture in have a good time and off the boys and party same as the gay clientele. Every bar I have seen allows women, Its just reality and it is still very fun and a well run bar

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni21
    Coincidentally, there's a short note about Happyplace bar on Cruising For Sex, by Biggles69, dated 29 Sep 2010. Permalink. He wrote:

In Boystown last night I was thinking of making a first visit to the re-birthed (for about the 3rd time) "Happy" bar that used to be Crystal. A sign outside proclaimed "Ladies Welcome." - that was enough of a put down for me and I headed elsewhere.

You've been warned about this "happy place".
    Id have to say that Happy Place is not the type of bar that would appeal to Cruising for sex members. It is not one big urinal and seems to be busier than other bars in Pattaya land. I did chat to one of the boys outside and he said that last week
    many many chinese lady come and party with the boys Spend much money

If that is what keeps doors open then good luck to the new owners. Copa, Wildwestboys and Xboys all had asian women in the audience. As for me I would rather have sex with a boy that is straight, but is flexible, than a mincing ladyboy.

Liked

I think there is a difference between allowing ladies in and having a big neon sign saying "Ladies Welcome"

I was put off by the sign and went elsewhere.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy
    I think there is a difference between allowing ladies in and having a big neon sign saying "Ladies Welcome"

I was put off by the sign and went elsewhere.
    I agree. Any gay bar that promotes itself that way will not get my business.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I used to dislike seeing women in gay bars and discos/clubs but I don't have an issue now. I don't mind having them around at all.

For some reason some ladies feel really comfortable in gay discos, especially on the dance floor. I mean, sometimes you have 2-3 guys rubbing up against them pretty intimately and they're quite happy to go along with it! Just hope straight guys don't get in on this.

Having said that... I looked at Happy Boy's website and it's hard to imagine any woman being attracted to the boys there. I find it hard enough to imagine gay guys being attracted to them! I don't know why Sunee seems to exude this 'bottom of the barrel' feel...

Liked

You are confusing Happy Boys with Happy Place . Please get your facts right although it did allow you to have one of your little digs at Sunnee. Perhaps you were being distracted by one of your "client meetings"

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy
    You are confusing Happy Boys with Happy Place . Please get your facts right although it did allow you to have one of your little digs at Sunnee. Perhaps you were being distracted by one of your "client meetings"

Client Meetings? I didn't know Beachy was a prostitute.

All my illusions have been shattered!!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: