Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    Utter rubbish, as usual, spouted by the infamous wannabe who has no relevant first-hand experience upon which to base his assertions.

The Phuket gay scene is alive and vibrant...

But there are still 3 such venues: MyWay/Yes in its new location, Mo2 and of course Passport

There are even several ‘rub and tug’ massage houses like ..

Utter rubbish, huh? Phuket gay scene "vibrant"? LOL.

Are you being sarcastic, or do you really believe Phuket bar scene is vibrant? If you call that vibrant, then Sunee in Pattaya can be described as flourishing and explosive.

As for Bangkok, I visit city about twice a month, I have foreigners friends there, non of us goes to Soi Twilight gogo bars, Westerners go to Banana and other places to sit, eat and socialize at Twilight, but other than occasional clueless Western tourist, no farang visits Soi Twilight gogo bars regularly.

You mentioned what a great success Dream Boys is, true, but only for Asian visitors, mainly Chinese. Since SGT is English speaking board, and most posters are Westerner, it is fair assessment that Bangkok gogo scene is useless to us. Now, you can argue that it is wonderful for Chinese tourists, and you'd be correct, but we are not Chinese. Bangkok foreigners who I know well travel to Pattaya often, and usually for one specific reason - gay gogo bars. So when someone says that Bangkok gogos are useless, they are 100 percent right.

What else, lets see. Yes yes, there are 3 (THREE!!) gay massage joints in Phuket, vibrant indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post

As for the “horrendously expensive BKK scene”, those of us who actually visit do know that Soi 2, Soi 4 and successful bars like Jupiter, Moonlight and DreamBoys are all crowded with young Asian customers coming from Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei and Seoul where they are used to paying $10~15 per drink
    Seems you agree with Scottish- guy, what exactly are you arguing? You are making his point, and you don't seem to realize it.

Chiang Mai has no gay scene to speak of, same goes for Phuket. Bangkok gogo scene was great 10 years ago, now useless to most expats and visiting Westerners, other than few noobs. What Bangkok still has going is lively Silom soi 4, touristy but still allright, and soi 2 with Station and many cool bars.

Since the topic is hooking up with Asians in Thailand, only Pattaya is still a place to visit gogo bars for hook up. Few noob Westerners in Dream Boys at soi Twilight is no way indication how great Bangkok gogo scene is. Gogo scene in Bangkok blows, and everybody knows it. I live here, that takes away your trump card "Haha, you don't even live here"

Hooking up, gay and straight has moved to apps, not just Thailand, in every place on Earth.

I was going to write recap, but there is no need when someone already has, and said it better than I could:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Take into account that the gay scene in Phuket is a shadow of what it used to be, that CM as a gay centre is (and was always) shite, and that nobody really knows whats going on with the horrendously expensive BKK scene, it leaves only the Soi of Sleaze - featuring Golden Cock and a couple of others.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (October 14th, 2018), scottish-guy (October 13th, 2018)