Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: My first trip to Pattaya

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: My first trip to Pattaya

An excellent piece of nostalgia, Snotface (I do get embarrassed writing the name 'Snotface').

Yes, I recall Jomtien beach back in 1993, the date of my first trip. Two years after that, Channel 4's Dispatches programme focussed on reports of underage boys in Boystown and Jomtien and conducted an interview with an underage lad on Jomtien beach in the presence of Father Ray. Does anyone else remember that programme and the subsequent piling into the same salacious scenarios by the News of the Screws and other tabloids. Dispatches focussed on Jomtien Beach and a hotel in Soi Post Office called something like the Sun and Sand or it could have been the Sun and Sea. There were claims of nefarious goings-on, where a German Farang teacher was the focus of attention!! The same programme mentioned a certain "piano bar".

The first bar I entered in 1993 was Memory Bar in Naklua (the soi's name was perhaps something like Wongamat). Anyway, it was jumping with twinks and my first off was a guy called Lat. I was staying at the Penthouse which, in those days, was half gay / half straight. Lat spent the night with me. I recall that the owner of Memory returned to the North of England and I heard on the 'gayline' that he killed himself.

It was in that same year when I was speaking to Madam Jim at the Ambiance that he mentioned an area called Sunee Plaza......the rest. as they say, is history.

Let's have more of these posts (trips down memory lane). I hope other members will pile into this thread with their own memories of Pattaya in days of old.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Rolling Stone (January 20th, 2018), snotface (January 20th, 2018)