I passed through Fast Track, at Suvarnabhumi Airport, on Saturday evening. It is a few minutes’ walk to the right of the main immigration hall. There were 4 lanes open as I approached, in three lanes there were around 6 people queuing and in the fourth lane there were only 3 people queuing. I wrongly chose that lane. The first person was checked through fairly quickly. But when it came to the next two, an American couple, there was a problem. The passengers behind me quickly sensed something was amiss and jumped lanes before I thought to do so. But then more passengers entered and joined my lane and the other 3 lanes, so I missed the opportunity to change lanes.

The immigration officer shouted across to a colleague and she left her booth and walked down the hall and picked up a couple of forms TM6 Arrival/departure cards. OMG! The dipstick American couple had not completed the TM6 cards! And the idiot of an immigration officer instead of asking the couple to go away and return when the forms were completed allowed them to stand at the booth, slowly filling out the cards. Grrrrr . . . Meanwhile, the hall started to get busy with passengers lining up behind me and in the other lanes. So much for fast track! Normally though, it does live up to its name and I pass through quickly.

At least by the time I reached the luggage carousel, the luggage from our plane was being unloaded and I waited just a few minutes before picking up my suitcase. And once through customs, the airline complementary pick up supervisor spotted me, allocated a driver and I was quickly transported into town feeling absolutely knackered after my long journey.