Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US develops software that could track us

US develops software that could track us

First tracking us. Now the global press. What do u know? It looks like H*d*a has been hired by US Homeland Security to head a "text signature analysis tools" task force to detect journalist's records inclinations toward its policies. Yikes, and I thought she moved to Cambodia or Adelaide or somewhere like that.

So what happened? I don't pay much attention but it appears she's gone from "over there" as well. Who knows what she is doing now?

You'd better tell, because if it was ever determined that you KNEW what was going on about all this and did not act, well, then you could be in trouble. Just a warning!

and ... NO. I will never generate a hit to the bog of shame, so PLEASE BG do NOT post a link to that in here.

It looks to me like HS already decided that human beings can't read anymore, or is that just Americans, Cedric? ...

US develops software that could track global press

WASHINGTON - The US Department of Homeland Security plans to develop software that analyzes and summarizes opinions expressed in articles, providing a possible tool for better monitoring what is written about the United States in the global press.
    The Nation

About time they started listening and paying attention to what the world is saying about them. Journalistic standards in the states are shocking, you get more proper news about America in Europe than you do in America. There is a serious drive to take back the media by proper journalists there, but when things like ratings stand in the way, they are on a ride to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    About time they started listening and paying attention to what the world is saying about them. Journalistic standards in the states are shocking, you get more proper news about America in Europe than you do in America. There is a serious drive to take back the media by proper journalists there, but when things like ratings stand in the way, they are on a ride to nothing.
    The New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Los Angeles Times are all great newspapers covering America quite well, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    The New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Los Angeles Times are all great newspapers covering America quite well, thank you very much.
    I'll stay out of this one between you two except to note 1) that the NYT and LAT are some of the very few newspapers (outside Thailand) that I ever quote from, 2) Most Americans watch Fox news now (it IS the undisputed champion), unfortunately.

UR watch you what?

And certainly NOT [b]the BBC.

If anyone bothered to read them!

The sorry state of the news media

Today, just more than half of Americans (54 percent) read a newspaper during the week, somewhat more (62 percent) on Sundays, and the number is continuing to drop.1
    US Journalism.com

That's because, like everyone else in the world, more and more people are getting their news from sources other than old-fashioned newspapers. Television and the internet, for example. And, before you say anything stupid, there ARE superb sources of news on both the television and internet.

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    there ARE superb sources of news on both the television and internet.
    I suppose you think that two of them are Fox News and Tbe BBC.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    And what of the newspapers in Thailand? Any discernable change in content or coverage since the coup?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Uh, no.

speaking of highly reputable "newspapers"

I fear there is to be a so-called "expose" in the delightful News Of The World this weekend about a recently arrived person in Pattaya.

be prepared to shocked and enthralled.. :cyclopsani: