Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
well what other basis would you like me to comment on other than my own ACTUAL experiences and from talking to numerous hotel managers who have also confirmed this with me, I dont quite get your point, if you dont agree fine, I couldn't care less, just my view, take it or leave it, up to you. That IS how and why many hotels avail of using the booking the sites - to their "mutual" benefit, it's not like that's an industry secret or anything ......you dont know this ?
Local front desk staff will tell you anything provided it gets you out of their face as quickly as possible. The number of times I've heard service staff tell bare-faced lies (that can be proved to be lies by not too diligent research) is without number. Local hotel staff will repeat what someone else who thinks he knows what head office policy is. I recall going into a Star Alliance lounge once with a guest who was travelling on a different *A flight than me, as my guest. The pompous meeter-and-greeter told me in no uncertain terms that that was not allowed and he was denying entry ... until I produced the Star Alliance lounge rules guide that I keep with me for occasions such as this

Relying on the local paid help for objective information simply adds to the general pool of ignorance