Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Boy - the book

Bangkok Boy - the book

I just finished reading the "Bangkok Boy," the purported first-hand account of a former gogo boy in Bangkok by the name of Chai Pinit. The story, which was apparently ghost-written by someone by the name of Soshan Itsarachon, is a pretty gripping account of the gay sex industry in Bangkok, namely Soi Twilight and elsewhere around Silom. The book is a good read and well-edited. I finished it in two days.

However, some reviews have caused doubts on its alleged authenticity, claiming that the book was actually written by a farang.

Does anyone know anything about the book's background? It was published by Maverick Books about two years ago. I bought it from the bookshop at MBK.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bangkok Boy - the book

Read it over a couple of less hectic days there back in 2008 myself. I thought it was a good story; well written and engaging.

It doesn't really matter if it's strictly factual or not, does it? The job of an author is to tell the tale, and this one is worth reading.

If you can't abide people claiming to be someone they're not you'd be well advised to quit reading this forum :rolling:

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nowvoyager
    I too read it about a year ago and yes I also heard comments as to who the writer was!
    Really? Care to share who you heard the author is?

Liked

I have read the book and have met Chai. He is in and around Soi Twilight every day. I met him while having a drink at the Banana Bar. He actually came up and introduced himself. If you want to meet him, i'm sure you can ask at the Banana Bar, or probably any bar, and they will point him out. I'm sure he is more than willing to tell you all about his book, his life and answer your questions if you'd like.

This thread's got me very curious so I just ordered the book and I will read it during my hol in Bkk..

Liked

gonna buy it next month when im in bkk!! :rolling: :rolling:
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh don't read it camper! You're a happy guy and this is not a happy story. :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Oh don't read it camper! You're a happy guy and this is not a happy story. :-)

maybe i can emo a little bit.. haah
    I Love You Too

Why waste good money on books or DVDs like these when you can just run yourself a hot bath; take a few good swigs from the Gin bottle; put a Leonard Cohen album on the hi-fi; unwrap a fresh Gillette, and climb in?

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

how vintage are you!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Why waste good money on books or DVDs like these when you can just run yourself a hot bath; take a few good swigs from the Gin bottle; put a Leonard Cohen album on the hi-fi; unwrap a fresh Gillette, and climb in?

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: