Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: In case of emergency

In case of emergency

One of the issues that faces retiring ex-pats in Thailand is the right to die. It doesn't exist. Doctors can be prosecuted for murder if they turn off life-support systems, even at the patient's request. Herman Goering had his cynadide capsule and I've got mine. My fear is that I won't be in any fit state to use it. My concerns arise out of the latest Hurricane Katrina stories - the natural disaster made worse by the Bushites. Patients who couldn't be moved could have been left to die - but apparently weren't. A dcotor and two nurses have been indicted for murder - death by lethal injection - but I guess if someone had found out beforehand, the patients could instead have faced death by legal injunction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/18/us/18 ... r=homepage

As an insurance adjuster of old, I have an interest in these things

Don't worry, dear. If you want to die, just reveal your true identity here. I'm sure that there will be many willing to help you along your way...