List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of emergency. What does this mean?

State of emergency. What does this mean?

Look at the bright side

My view of this is that it is a good thing. The more the BIB have their hands full with the political hullabaloo, the less time they will have for harassing the internet cafes, the bars, the boys and their patrons with piss tests and ID checks and other bullshit scams they get up to.
    I think this is great and I hope it continues to escalate to the point that all the police have their hands full day and night with riots and demonstrations. I wouldn't even mind if it became a permanent thing. So look at the positive side of all this guys!
    No need to be so negative about every commotion that arises. This is a blessing in disguise.

Re: Look at the bright side

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hunter
    My view of this is that it is a good thing. The more the BIB have their hands full with the political hullabaloo, the less time they will have for harassing the internet cafes, the bars, the boys and their patrons with piss tests and ID checks and other bullshit scams they get up to.
    Well yes, except it's the army restoring order, not the police. Sort of invalidates your argument

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Well yes, except it's the army restoring order, not the police. Sort of invalidates your argument
    OK, then let's hope it escalates to the point that the army needs all of the police to back them up. In fact, shove all the fat and corrupt BIB right to the front lines and let fate take its course. I still say its great.

The more the BIB have their hands full with the political hullabaloo, the less time they will have for harassing the internet cafes, the bars, the boys and their patrons. This is a blessing in disguise.
    Hunter I am worried, why you are in Thailand? Why are you hoping for the cover of chaos? What illegal activities are you being frustrated in not being able to do at the present?

A bit shifty if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Hunter I am worried, why you are in Thailand? Why are you hoping for the cover of chaos? What illegal activities are you being frustrated in not being able to do at the present? A bit shifty if you ask me.
    Heaven help him if he ever goes to China, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    So, you are in favour of people being killed and injured so that you can pursue some dubious activities?
    In a nut shell. He doesn't want anyone looking at his ID? Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    In a nut shell. He doesn't want anyone looking at his ID? Hmmmm.
    I guess as the happy resident of a totalitarian country you're fairly used to that sort of check anyway?

it won't have a big impact unless things get uglier.
    Students are one thing. There is kind of a natural animosity between those who can afford to get into the university and those that might not. But if the order to shoot comes, the guns could end up pointed the other way.

I think this is great and I hope it continues to escalate to the point that all the police have their hands full day and night with riots and demonstrations. I wouldn't even mind if it became a permanent thing. So look at the positive side of all this guys!
    No need to be so negative about every commotion that arises. This is a blessing in disguise.
    So, you are in favour of people being killed and injured so that you can pursue some dubious activities?
    Yeah... the dubious activities I want to pursue consist of going to the bar without having it raided for ID checks including my passport, pee tests and terrorizing the boys working there, and now even the internet cafes. Looks like the fucking BIB have far too much time on their hands and sending them to the front lines of the riots sounds like it will take their mind off of harassing law abiding people for their shake-down routines.

I have even heard that the Muslims in the south are ready to exploit the situation to further their own aims and that would further stretch the resources of the army requiring the BIB to be sent to that front line as well.

I don't control this, I just sit back and watch and laugh. Chaos to you, karma to others. The great wheel of retribution turns. It's the bright side of all this. Everyone gets his comeuppance. And uproariously funny to watch the pigs squirm. Nay?