Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
Many have complicated cross-border schemes (I am a bit interested in that and always ask about ways of how to when i can) and they may forfeit a new entry into TH for it.
For me Lao's in their own country are mostly lazy, or ''laidback'' if you follow tourist brochure-language. There are officially quite strong laws against Laotians going with farang-this mainly applies to ladies though and as mostly in ASEAN should not taken as too seriously. Also do not expect they will be on the know for YOUR entry-regulations re visa and all that-they dont have to deal with it. Basically for US/EU its paying (take cash US$) and waiting for a large stamp/sticker in your passpt.
My best advice would be first to look at some of the well-known hook-up sites and see what they have in stock for those places.
Oh, the cross border thing isn't very complicated. It's 100 baht for a 30 day stamp, or 300 baht if you have a 60 day VISA. From there, length of time in Thailand doesn't seem to matter. My guy has been living here since last July, just crossed the border again 0about 1 week ago, and hasn't had any problems. He just gets dinged a small "entry fee", and off he goes. Technically illegal, because it's supposed to be free, but then also technical illegal for him to be here more than 6 months out of 12 months.

Still debating if I should get him a Thailand Elite card, but that's 500,000 baht, so think I'll stick with this setup for now.