List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Offs at Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar.

Liked

Free Offs at Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar.

Not really. Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar doesn't exist and if it did there wouldn't be any free offs. I want to ensure everyone reads this so that I can publicly thank the lady owner of Delhi Diner who returned 3000 baht I dropped in her restaurant to me the next day and refused a 1000 baht thank you.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 29th, 2016), paperboy (April 28th, 2016)

Liked

Re: Free Offs at Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Not really. Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar doesn't exist and if it did there wouldn't be any free offs. I want to ensure everyone reads this so that I can publicly thank the lady owner of Delhi Diner who returned 3000 baht I dropped in her restaurant to me the next day and refused a 1000 baht thank you.
    Where exactly is Delhi Diner?
    We should all go.

Liked

It's next to Petite Planets right beside Tukcom.

Liked

Deli Diner, not Delhi Diner (typo)?

Just for clarification:

In American parlance a Deli is short for Delicatessen; although I do believe the owners are a Thai woman and her husband, a Brit.
    Last edited by francois; April 29th, 2016 at 11:44.

Liked

Exclamation Re: Free Offs at Heavenly Boys Go Go Bar.

Also a Diner in America is an inexpensive restaurant resembling a railroad car. So to speak of a Deli and a Diner is somewhat of a juxtaposition of terms. So maybe other nationalities may have other impressions. Earlier, one poster, said "nothing Deli about Deli Diner, meaning it was not a Deli as one would see in NYCity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Deli Diner from Delicatessen, not New Delhi (capital of India).

And the other place mentioned in this and other posts is La Petite Planete (French name, hence agreement of gender and number of article and adjective with noun they refer to).

This forum needs a full time and fully paid proof reader. May I apply?
    Last edited by christianpfc; April 29th, 2016 at 14:08.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 29th, 2016)

Liked

Talking of India - about 6 years ago a friend and I booked a 2 week holiday in New Delhi.

We lasted 48 hours.

In those 48 hours we managed to get kidnapped by a taxi driver; encounter an entirely bogus Government official who pretended to make phone calls on a disconnected phone; book into a hotel which considered a "bar" to be selling you a bottle of beer to drink sitting on your bed; have a pot of tea in a cafe where pigeons flew in an out of a broken roof and broken windows, divebombed the customers and shat all over the tables; buy a bottle of coke from a roadside stall which was encrusted with filth under the metal cap; discover that taxi fares for the same journey vary by 300%; contract food poisoning; get no sex; get chased everywhre by hoardes of begging mothers and kids.

Just saying like.

Liked

I remember you wrote a similar story about the former Howard's Guesthouse in Pattaya, a place that was perfectly fine by my standards.

Maybe you have very high standards? But then what do you expect in third world countries?

buy a bottle of coke from a roadside stall which was encrusted with filth under the metal cap
    I had a similar experience recently in Thailand. And often these bottles (coke, beer, water) are first stored outside and put in an ice box, together with the ice that is used in the drinks.

Liked

Christian the "story" about Howard's was one of a minor hiccup compared to the Delhi one.

The problem was that whilst the website photos of the rooms looked OK, I found the actuality quite disappointing. The furniture and decor in my "deluxe" room I found very tatty, and the room my friend had booked was really depressing and there was a bloody shower tray and curtain in the middle of it!

Perhaps if we hadn't been very impressed with Punya's Sansuk Guesthouse the year before we would not have expected as much as we did. Anyhow - we didn't even last 48hrs at Howards - more like 30 minutes, but although we immediately moved elsewhere we did pay 2 nights per room as compensation so Punya had nothing to moan about.

Yes, I do like a nice room rather than just an adequate one - but that's just me and you're certainly just you!

Last edited by scottish-guy; April 29th, 2016 at 22:54.

Liked

Zut alors! There is actually a Delhi Diner and in Edinburgh, Scotland and even one in California!