to tell the tale...

I'm no stranger for Thailand, I've been living in the South since October and as you know, its a little different down here. I was just in BKK for a week (for the first time) staying at the Malaysia. It really brought out the social anthropologist in me... tables of money boys with friends/clients/patrons sitting next to tables of police men, groups of farang boozing it up with their new boyfriends (of/for several days). I had the good fortune to spend some time chatting with a nice English chap who was happy to explain the lay of the land to me whilst some of the boys were trying hard to get our attention with notes scribbled on serviettes and some very theatrical kiss blowing.

I have lived overseas for many years in a range of countries and though I have read a lot about Thailand, and learnt a lot from this board, however nothing really prepared me for this carnivale at the Malaysia or being followed in the street several times, propositioned twice on the Skytrain (by MB's I guess) and having a guy thrust his hand in my lap when I went to the cinema downtown to escape the heat of the day. And these were just the happenings during the day!

I have never really paid for sex, well not directly anyway, and I have no hangups about it, when in Rome and all that...
but I have to admit I just didn't know how to engage with all of this. At first I think I was taking all of this too seriously and then too lightheartldy - seemingly offending people either way. And now I have just looked at Ooglemans latest photos and he seems to be having a very jolly time with the same aforementioned boys (some of the photos were taken at the Malaysia no?) - but for some reason I just felt awkward and kind of embarrased and I'm not really sure why.
I feel like there is a key to unlocking all of this, I just don't seem to have it on my keyring...