I was in Cuba late last year, apologies, been meaning to write a report, but issues at work and with family have consumed my time.

I can confirm everything that Paperboy says, and would add that a new, every night, gay venue opened a year ago called Humboldt, in Humboldt street, and just around the corner from Las Vegas and Mix that have been mentioned. Similar format, rent boys, gay guys, drag queens, even some really muscled guys who wouldn't have been out of place in Tawan. The owner of Humboldt also runs a gay guest house, but not in the Verdado area. The opening night of this bar was attended by Castro's niece, a real sign of the changes in attitudes in Cuba. They have come a long way in a short time. https://www.facebook.com/Humboldt52/?fref=ts

They had also just started a regular Saturday night gay event called Cafe Cantante which takes place in the large bar underneath the National Theatre. Great night out, starts midnight and runs to 0500 or so, and a great mix of Cuban guys of every colour and type. Quite thai style in that the best thing to do is get a table and a bottle, or two or three. They even had a male go go show one night, and if I could remember how to add photos, I will.

Don't miss the gay beach, about half an hour out of Havana. I have never seen so many large erections on a beach, waving within loose fitting trunks, in my life!

If you can speak spanish, you will have even more fun! Local English is frequently basic at best.