Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuba

Cuba

A friend of mine will be visiting Cuba soon (or, since he is American, momentarily). He tells me he has heard there are plenty of rent boys in Havana but on the streets. Does anyone have any information on this? (He'll be travelling on his Canadian passport, of course)

How does an American travel on a Canuck passport? In any case, no real problem for Americans to go there. Fly via Cancun and ask the Cubans not to stamp your passport. There is another problem with currency, forget the details, but it is solvable.
    Yes, have also heard not a problem to find renties in Havana. A friend of mine who goes everywhere tells me Cuba is not so much fun that way, something about unpleasant attitudes, sorry, don't have more details.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    How does an American travel on a Canuck passport?
    When he has dual nationality, of course. And, since Canada doesn't ban travel to Cuba, no problem with
    the stamp in the Canadian passport.

Dear Bob

Don't feed the trolls

There was nothing trollish about my reply here. Get a life, Hominy.

Liked
    Everyone in Cuba wants your money I do not think gays would consider themselves rent, but they all like money.. $20 used to be standard (3 years ago) Choice is fantastic. English is not spoken by many of the lads

Liked

Cuba

I visited Cuba on two occasions. The talent available is incredible, appoximately $20 US. Find a gay friendly Casa Particulares(private residence). Yara Cinema, Central Park and the Malecon are the spots to meet the boys/men. Violent crime is very low do to the severe punishment handed out by the police. I felt very safe there. Goverment restaurants are horrid so meals are best when provided by the CP. Being discreet is a way of life in Cuba so being loud and obnoxious is a big no no. Keep it down low and your friend will have a great time.

G

Re: Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by guyforguy
    being loud and obnoxious is a big no no
    I knew there must be a reason why so few Americans went there

Liked

Cuba

I just got back from Havana on Saturday.

The Yara is dead as is the park and the gay beach just east of town.
    The police are all over the place and a boy can get arrested for walking
    with a foreigner. That isn't to say it can't be done.
    The police have pushed all the action to the Malecon and nothing really
    gets going down there until atleast 11 PM. There are big private parties
    on the weekend for the boys that can afford to go.

I speak Spanish so it wasn't an issue for me, but I found very few
    people anywhere in Cuba that speak English. For me, it was truly one
    of the most amazing trips I've been on since my first trip to Thailand
    many years ago. If you don't speak Spanish and you are planning to go,
    you will need some assistance.

Surfcrest

hmmm....my friend and I drove around Cuba for a week and did not have any problems, we both speak no Spanish. Once in the countryside we got lost, we asked someone for direction...and the best way he cold help us was jump in our car and sit at the back seat!. He said he was going that direction as well. He got off just about a mile before we reached our destination. They are very friendly people. Driving in Cuba is also quite fun...it's like you are driving on your own roads becasue there are really very few cars. Most roads are in good condition.

As for rent boys, I don't know. My friend and I fucked each other. We didn't look for someone else.