Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuba - how to get there

Cuba - how to get there

I have been chatting to a friend who has just returned from Cuba. I want and need to go there
    Problem is, I have absolutely no idea of the best way to go in terms of fares and times etc.
    I live in Perth, Australia, so my thoughts are to travel to Singapore and go from there.
    Looks like Thailand will have to wait!
    So any of you global travellers got any ideas?
    Any advice much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Re: Cuba - how to get there

Quote Originally Posted by me4thai
    I have been chatting to a friend who has just returned from Cuba. I want and need to go there
    Problem is, I have absolutely no idea of the best way to go in terms of fares and times etc.
    I live in Perth, Australia, so my thoughts are to travel to Singapore and go from there.
    Wrong forum. You need "Any Other Country".

In any case, you will probably find it most convenient to fly to Cuba via Europe. There are flights to Havana from Madrid on Ibera, Amsterdam on KLM, Moscow on Aeroflot, and London on Virgin Atlantic. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also fly on Cubana from Rome.

Best to visit your friendly local travel agent for advice, or research online.

Cuba

Thanks sexpat - I realise that this post will be moved but no problemo - r u a moderator?
    Re your comment - "in any case you will most probably find it most covenient to fly to Cuba via Europe"
    You really have geographical problems don1t you -- please read my post again ...

Re: Cuba

Thanks sexpat - I realise that this post will be moved but no problemo - r u a moderator?
    Re your comment - "in any case you will most probably find it most covenient to fly to Cuba via Europe"
    You really have geographical problems don1t you -- please read my post again ...
    Why are you taking on an attitude with someone who is going out of their way to give you advice?

In any case, there are no "geographical problems" here.

Your choices to get to Cuba from Australia are via Europe, North America, and South America. As I said, I think you will find the European option the quickest, cheapest, and most convenient.

Liked

Re: Cuba - how to get there

Suggest you try this website:

http://www.kayak.com/flights?uselast=true

try many combinations...

Perth -PER - to Mexico City - MEX
    MEX to HAV

PER to AMS
    AMS to HAV

and so on...

Good Luck...
    Tj

Liked
    There is a good connection Bangkok-Narita-Vancouver-Mexico City on JAL.............You only change planes in Narita...........Mexico City for both men and sights is worth a few days..............and as for Cuba...say no more !!!

yea but Narita is a shit of an airport. Whatever you do don't try to go via the US - you won't make it.

Liked
    I travel through Narita 6 times a year ..............it is a fine airport...lots of recent renovations. In Vancouver wait is about 1/12 hours but in a small restricted area. Agreed do not travel through US.

Liked

Maybe the other way around?

Perth - Sydney - Santiago de Chile - Habana. From Sydney to Habana via Lan airlines.

Liked
    ah, Bkk ,SF, then west, Miami then Cuba, they will actually let you buy a microwave there now.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes