Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: success stories..gogo "boys"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

success stories..gogo "boys"

All or most of the stories about gogo boys are negative, in that they fritter away all their hard (pardon the pun) cash. Are there any success stories, say a gogo boy that paid his way through higher education and eventually landed a job that doesnt involve selling himself. Or one that managed to set up a business and break away from prostitution??

Liked

Re: success stories..gogo "boys"

Well, there's one guy around the corner here who fixes motorbikes for a living nowadays. Does that count? Bit of a drunk, but he's got a daughter, seems like a good dad, and seems happy enough.

He's adamant though he never worked at a bar before. He only worked at a hotel in Pattaya, never a bar.

Think I'll call bullshit on that one. You don't move from KK to Pattaya to get a job as a doorman in a hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A boy who I linked up with via GayRomeo had worked for a short period in a Pattaya beer bar and spent the money he earned on a fashion design school in Central Pattaya. He now owns his own fashion design shop in Buriram...employs 3 full-time dress makers, and seems very happy with his accomplishments.

A very good friend of mine who also worked at a host bar when he was younger...linked up with two great farangs who sponsored him in a joint venture which they operated together for years. After the farangs decided to call it quits, they sold the place and my friend went on to opening his own Cafe with the money he had saved for approximately 12 years. His place has remained a successful well-run business to date.

My very first Thai boyfriend saved every satang he could for 7 years to pay for advanced dance classes with the dream of becoming an entertainer at the infamous Tiffany's. When we met, he worked as a gogo boy at the old StarBoys Gogo, and 8 years later I was watching him on TV after he was hired by Tiffany's. He, to this day, is a great entertainer and lives a very well-balanced and happy life.

I am aware of many situations where working boys left the scene after saving their money to return to school, contribute towards a family-run business, or build a suitable house for their families with the money they saved. Some of them return to the scene again - and some don't.

Most of the working boys I know (not all) send the majority of the money they make to their mothers back on the farm, thus the reason they are always broke. Of course, the decline in customers doesn't help matters any.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ok, as someone who only spends limited time in Thailand...and then only in the farangr sex tourist ghettos I have no idea what happens to gogo boys who r past their prime...good to read that some...and I would guess a minority seem to have enough sense to think about their future.
    I did encounter a sad case of a gogo boy who used to work at xboys in soi twilight, some of you may recall seeing a short guy with a pony tail, fantastic flawless slim brown body who used to do a very erotic naked with a hard on hula hoop show as well as bottom like a champ in fuck shows. He performed for about 4 years and then just dissapeared; I offed him off unofficially at least 6 times and there was nothing he wouldnt do, never smiled much but always very polite, obedient and eager to serve.
    Saw him about a year ago..looked as old and haggered as the hills...begging on the corner of rama4 and silom, apparently he invested in a bar in his home town, got sick, got kicked out of his business...lost everything...

Liked

Those who make it through the period of life as a moneyboy will have themselves to thank for. The ones who fail are merely collaterals.

Liked

A great topic, Latin.

Maybe some of our replies will change some people's negative views of gogo "boys."

I had a regular "friend" in Pattaya over many trips. His name is Jack and he used to work at Eros. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, anywhere. He had a great personality, plus he ticked all the usual boxes- swimmer's body, always up for a good time in bed and blessed with a huge isaan cock. And he was the perfect bottom, despite being very masculine. But one day he just decided he'd had enough of the sex trade and is now working in a shoe shop in Mikes Mall in Pattaya. He earns a fraction of what he did as a gogo boy, but when I last saw him, he said he was very happy.

Quite a few other guys I've offed on various holidays actually saved their money and went back home to open small businesses. I'm not happy that they are no longer available for fun, but good luck to them.

Mai, another guy I offed multiple times from Adams Apple in Chiang Mai now owns, or part - owns, the Orion Bar in the night market. He was another guy like Jack who also ticked all the boxes. He obviously managed to save his money so that he'd have a future after the bar.

Some stories which seem to be heading towards success end up going down the toilet. I once met a guy from Cupidol in Pattaya who I actually almost fell in love with. What a guy! So quiet and reserved. So polite. We had lots of chats over many encounters spread over numerous holidays about his future. He was determined to save his money so he could open a juice bar near a university in Bangkok. But on a subsequent visit I found he'd left Cupidol. Oh well, I thought, he's finally left the scene and is now working in his new business. Disappointed, I headed off to Wild West Boys and there he was! But he had completely changed. He'd turned into a wild, crazy guy, yelling out in the bar and carrying on like a madman. I think he discovered drugs. What a complete waste!

But I've never thought that every single bar boy just fritters away his earnings and lives from customer to customer. That may be the rule - I don't know - but there are many exceptions in my experience.

Liked

I think there are probably many stories that we do not hear about. Some boys are lucky to find a Good BF who takes care of them for an extended period of time. Others latch on to a very wealthy BF and they are smart and save for their time together and then return home and build a house for their family.

FAMILY is so important in Thailand . Yes some boys have to have the newest phone but I find them to be the exception. Most of them send money home and return home when they can afford it. Then they come back and make more money. Their choices are so limited when compared to many of their customers.

I still remember a couple of years ago a Beer Bar Boy who spoke excellent English and was very good looking. Every night he would go off sometimes multiple times. I asked the owners about him. He had a good University degree and spoke perfect English but was in a dead end job because he had no family connections. Without family connections , no matter the education Thailand is not a good place to rise up in the Economic Strata.

He told the owners when he asked for the job that he figured out his only chance was to find a rich BF and that was why he wanted the job. This went on for about 6 months until he found his dream BF who was extremely wealthy and he left on his yacht. Last I knew they were very Happy and he was lucky enough to have found a good guy.

I know of similar stories that amazingly have worked out quite well for the boys. Yes they are the exception and it does seem to me to be happening less often then it did 5-10 years ago. But maybe that is because I spend much less time in the Bars.

Liked

So true too firecat. Social mobility isn't exactly one of Thailand's finer points, is it?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    ..........until he found his dream BF who was extremely wealthy and he left on his yacht.
    I SO need to go and start working in a go-go bar !!

Although I'm guessing I'd still end up poor as unlike the boys who SAY "I'll go with you for free" I'm such a tart I just probably WOULD !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sometimes I think it's hard for affluent farangs to imagine what it's like to really be poor. By affluent, I mean anyone who can afford to visit Thailand on a holiday, because that person spent more money on the plane ticket alone, than the average rural Thai family has to spend for food in a year.

It's very common to hear farang complaining about Thai boys being so wasteful, throwing their money around, or not planning for the future, and none of this could be farther from the truth. This is simply a misconception resulting from ignorance. Other than just being young people with the desire to party and have fun with their friends sometimes, they waste very little, are the last ones on earth to throw money around, and only plan for one thing, and that's to help their families.

I spent half of my life living in a jungle village on the border of Thailand and Cambodia spanning 8 years, and can attest to the fact, that these people have absolutely nothing. The money they receive from their children, if they are fortunate enough to have children, goes for food. Only one out of a thousand are fortunate enough to have a son or daughter coupled with a farang to help elevate them from a life of poverty. Then, and only then, do the Thai boys (or girls) have a future to think about. With that exception, their future is confined to the day...sometimes the moment.

Most of the Thai boys that you see working the scene are people of real substance and great character, and yes, many of them do fail, but they all have the same dreams and aspirations.