Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

Liked

Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

During my recent visit to Bangkok, I stayed at Tarntawan for the first time. I will NOT stay there again.

I do NOT understand why they need such strict ID inspection and monitoring of Asian guests. The staff not only inspected the ID of my Thai guest but wrote down the details. On my last night, I tried to bring back an attractive guy from Myanmar that I offed from one of the go-go bars. But he had no Thai ID and did not have a passport with him. [He was some type of ethnic minority from northern Myanmar; perhaps he did not even have a passport.] The hotel staff would not allow him to my room. This really angered me, but fortunately I controlled my temper.

I have lived in a half dozen countries, and can handle my own safety and security.

On the other hand, the staff did not seem to care about bringing in Caucasian guests. One night, I met a very attractive, blond Russian guy at Telephone {correct name?] restaurant, and brought him back to the hotel. He did not have an ID or a passport, and the staff did not seem to care. He stayed all night [and provided great service, but I did not see him again. He wanted a sugar daddy, and I did not want to get involved. we communicated using English and Dutch, which he had learned working in Amsterdam. ]

Liked

Re: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

I vaguely remember, I visited a friend who stayed at Tarntawan and had to leave my ID at the man in front of the elvator, in addition to him writing my name and details in his book.

Was the Russian boy a moneyboy? If yes, what rate did he quote? There seem to be money boys from all countries in Bangkok.

Liked

When you check in at the Tarntawan, you have to sign an agreement to allow control of your guests.
    It is on the back of your check in card. And the receptionist makes sure that you sign it.

If you read what you sign, it should not be a surprise.

Liked

Then next time, instead of staying in a hotel, rent a private house via AirBnB (or whereever). No headaches that way.

Liked

You don't need to go to the extent of hiring a house - just find a hotel with a better attitude.

There's plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    You don't need to go to the extent of hiring a house - just find a hotel with a better attitude.

There's plenty of them.
    In March I stayed at the BBB Inn in Bangkok for 3 days and they made a photocopy of the ID card of the boy I had with me. First hotel that ever did that (but I must say all my other experiences so far concern Pattaya). Normally just showing the ID card to the hotel receptionist is enough and they keep it till the boy leaves. Was surprised to see them making a photocopy. Wonder what they do with it.

Liked

I'm in favor of those rigid ID check rules - the more rigid the better. It's not only for your own protection, but the protection of everybody else staying in the hotel. You're bringing a complete stranger to your room. Without ID checks, photocopies, the hotel refusing to give the ID back to the boy until getting an 'all clear' from you, then anything can happen - and things do happen. There have been reports ranging from theft to assault, even murder. There have been reports about such 'guests' breaking into other rooms in the hotels.

Some say they don't want to stay in a hotel that has ID check rules. I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel that doesn't have them.

There are too many people who stop thinking with their brains when they come to Thailand and do their thinking with their crotch instead as soon as they get off the plane. If you've met a boy who can't, or won't, produce ID, first question to ask is why not. If you just must have that boy, go to a short time room. Go to his room. But I'm glad you can't bring him anywhere near my room.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

I hate hassle at hotel reception desks but have avoided it in recent years by making sure boys have their ID card before I off them. Also one of the questions I ask when making arrangements on GR is about ID.
    I thought I might have trouble one night during my last trip when I offed a gogo boy. He had mentioned he was 19 but I forgot about a notice banning under 20's until we approached the desk. However the clerk just took the card and placed in a filing box and wished me goodnight. I was rather pleased as I had invested time and money. You have to constantly engage brain whilst in Thailand which is sometimes hard when you are relaxing and have had a couple of drinks.

Liked

All I can say is "Bravo Tarntawan!"

Liked

Yes indeed; I regard the security as being for my own protection....and that of other guests in the hotel who may not appreciate visitors wandering around the corridors.
    The phone call as the visitor leaves comes into this category too.