Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Place

Liked

Tarntawan Place

I'll be visiting BKK again for a month in July. I was considering Tarntawan Place on Surawond Rd.

Any opinions? Would I have any problems bring guests to my room?

Many thanks in advance.

Chelsea NYC

Liked

Re: Tarntawan Place

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaNY
    I'll be visiting BKK again for a month in July. I was considering Tarntawan Place on Surawond Rd.

Any opinions? Would I have any problems bring guests to my room?

Many thanks in advance.
    Oh, if you live in Chelsea, NY, you'll love the Tarntawan. It's just as boring as Chelsea. And no, no problem bringing your boys back to your room.

[attachment=0:16ufmpce]HappyTarntawanCustomer.jpg[/attachment:16ufmpce]

Liked

I cannot disagree with you about Chelsea. I just happen to live there.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Chelsea NYC

Tarntawan Place certainly has its fans but I feel it is over priced for what you get.
    You might have a look at this place which you can book directly with them or I see now they can be booked through AGODA so you may well do better on price with them.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e-Bangkok.html

Liked

Years back I stayed at the Royal Hotel near the Grand Palace, and it was a hassle to bring in guests. I don't want that again.

My primary need are internet, a gym, and a gay-friendly atmosphere near the Patpong area.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Chelsea NYC

Small gym, visitors are no problem, staff are friendly, decent free wi-fi, for me an excellent location. Units have been done up a couple of years ago and are well equipped, clean and comfortable.

Liked

When posters say "visitors no problem" you should understand that security will note down the ID card details of the boy visiting your room, refuse entry to a boy who doesn't have an ID card (all Thais 16+ should have one and carry it at all times) and call you if the boy leaves and you remain in your room to see that everything is OK. If any of that makes you uncomfortable, don't stay there. On the other hand, those who tell you of alternative hotels should also be very upfront about that hotel's joiners policy. Unfortunately many will say "I don't know because I stayed there with my boyfriend but we didn't have any problems". That's not the same thing at all.

Liked

At the Pavillion Place where I have stayed (Patpong II), no one ever checked anything! Never any question asked. Also no Internet, no fitness room. It was clean and quiet but definitely on the down side of things.

I'm still trying to figure this out. Your information is really valuable.
    Chelsea NYC

Liked

Your information is really valuable.
    Christ! Don't tell newalaan, Beachlover, combat, simonAU or any of that gang. Their fantasy is that I'm a mere troll with nothing useful to say.

At the Pavillion Place where I have stayed (Patpong II), no one ever checked anything! Never any question asked. Also no Internet, no fitness room. It was clean and quiet but definitely on the down side of things.

I'm still trying to figure this out. Your information is really valuable.
    Hi,

Pavillion place was on the downside 20 years ago.

Take the good advice offered by fellow posters here. I ALWAYS book and pay for a double room, then they can't get clever with you as one tried with me at the Sheraton years ago.

I have always preferred/chosen the Rose hotel or Tawana Ramada on Suriwongse road, google them on price and facilities. They are OK with your needs and wishes.