During my recent visit to Bangkok, I stayed at Tarntawan for the first time. I will NOT stay there again.

I do NOT understand why they need such strict ID inspection and monitoring of Asian guests. The staff not only inspected the ID of my Thai guest but wrote down the details. On my last night, I tried to bring back an attractive guy from Myanmar that I offed from one of the go-go bars. But he had no Thai ID and did not have a passport with him. [He was some type of ethnic minority from northern Myanmar; perhaps he did not even have a passport.] The hotel staff would not allow him to my room. This really angered me, but fortunately I controlled my temper.

I have lived in a half dozen countries, and can handle my own safety and security.

On the other hand, the staff did not seem to care about bringing in Caucasian guests. One night, I met a very attractive, blond Russian guy at Telephone {correct name?] restaurant, and brought him back to the hotel. He did not have an ID or a passport, and the staff did not seem to care. He stayed all night [and provided great service, but I did not see him again. He wanted a sugar daddy, and I did not want to get involved. we communicated using English and Dutch, which he had learned working in Amsterdam. ]