List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible to get past the farang/thai thing?

Liked

Possible to get past the farang/thai thing?

No matter how I write this, it seems like a silly question but I really am curious... Is it necessary/common to resort to defining a mixed relationship in Thailand by calling one a farang and one a Thai? It just seems to be so "normal" to separate the two ethnicities when discussing something about their relationship.

Or am I just being to sensitive to what feels like racism/classism?

:dontknow:

Re: Possible to get past the farang/thai thing?

Quote Originally Posted by marc11864
    Or am I just being to sensitive to what feels like racism/classism?
    Yep. Or you could try other equally "insensitive" classifications like old/young, sodomite/catamite, rich/poor, keeper/kept

Liked

Re: Possible to get past the farang/thai thing?

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Yep. Or you could try other equally "insensitive" classifications like old/young, sodomite/catamite, rich/poor, keeper/kept
    And you being.........?

Being

Now, now Surfcrest you know perfectly well that I don't care for anyone's feelings; I'm perfectly happy to admit that I'm insensitive as I don't care what anyone thinks of me - something you claim to be a Thai characteristic rather than a Western one. You equally know that I regard political correctness as something to mock, as would the Thais if they could ever start to comprehend it

Liked

Re: Being

Now, now Surfcrest you know perfectly well that I don't care for anyone's feelings; I'm perfectly happy to admit that I'm insensitive as I don't care what anyone thinks of me - something you claim to be a Thai characteristic rather than a Western one. You equally know that I regard political correctness as something to mock, as would the Thais if they could ever start to comprehend it
    What wonderful personality traits. You must have a lot of friends.

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddynook.com
    ** Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger! **

Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    What wonderful personality traits. You must have a lot of friends
    Indeed, and it shoud come as no surprise to you that very, very few of them (two, maybe) are Americans

Indeed, and it shoud come as no surprise to you that very, very few of them (two, maybe) are Americans
    Thats kind of shallow to base your choice of friends based on nationality. I would understand if there was a language barrier, but really, proper American English isn't that hard to get.

Life's too short, why bother (With FBOC's)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Indeed, and it should come as no surprise to you that very, very few of them (two, maybe) are Americans
    That's kind of shallow to base your choice of friends based on nationality. I would understand if there was a language barrier, but really, proper American English isn't that hard to get.
    Dear Thaiquila;
    Have you considered the root of the problem might be the majority of Americans he meets, as well as people from everywhere else, have no desire than to have friends like him? FBOC's & curmudgeons are an acquired taste; best for slow cooking. Then chuck out and go out...for a bit of sweet, fresh tom kar gai.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Thaquila...don't get all wrapped up in Homi the Homo's negative personality traits...it's just his Nazi upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    Thaquila...don't get all wrapped up in Homi the Homo's negative personality traits...it's just his Nazi upbringing.
    Oy vey.