Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Airport bus

Liked

Airport bus

When leaving pattaya to go home , I tend nowadays to use the airport bus from jomtiem . With the work now going on, on the new tunnel on Sukhumvit is there any extra delay or is the trip about the same time ,ie !hr 40 to !hr 50, As im am just wondering if I will need to take the bus 1 hr earlier

Liked

Re: Airport bus

I took it on Monday .... The 9:00 am .... Arrived at airport 10:37 .... Just don't buy your ticket just as you depart .... Buy the day before .... My bus was full .... Some folks had to wait for the next one.

Liked

Recently I have note this bus service is being used by tour guides to transport their clients so I would also advise booking a few days in advance.
    Still it is a great service. Safe travels.

Liked

In 2013 and begin of 2014, I used this bus many times in both directions. From BKK to Jomtien I sometimes had to wait over an hour (i.e. the next bus was already fully booked), from Jomtien to BKK there were often empty seats left when the bus departed.

Booking can only be done in person (i.e. you go to the sales counter and pay for the ticket), not per telephone (that would leave the question of payment) or internet. No problem when you are in Pattaya, but where I used to live in Bangkok, trip to airport was almost half the way to Pattaya.

Now I prefer van from Victory Monument to South Pattaya (Wat Chai market).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    In 2013 and begin of 2014, I used this bus many times in both directions. From BKK to Jomtien I sometimes had to wait over an hour (i.e. the next bus was already fully booked), from Jomtien to BKK there were often empty seats left when the bus departed.

Booking can only be done in person (i.e. you go to the sales counter and pay for the ticket), not per telephone (that would leave the question of payment) or internet. No problem when you are in Pattaya, but where I used to live in Bangkok, trip to airport was almost half the way to Pattaya.

Now I prefer van from Victory Monument to South Pattaya (Wat Chai market).
    I was once a regular user of the inverse service from Wat Chai to Victory until a sleepy over-worked driver nearly killed us all for a mere 100 baht fare.

Never again.