Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Bangkok Airport-Airport of Smiles' BBC3

Liked

'Bangkok Airport-Airport of Smiles' BBC3

Has anyone seen the new BBC3 fly on the wall documentary 'Bangkok Airport--Airport of Smiles'?
    It is both hilarious and at the same time embarrassing.
    It seems that the airport is bursting at the seams with smiling Thai staff over eager to help the passengers.
    There is the immigration officer, Captain Jack, so camp it's not true 'till he insists that we see his wedding video that he hopes will go viral on Youtube.
    And the doctor manning the emergency centre who is actually only doing it in his spare time ----- his real job is as an airline pilot.

Embarrassing because we see the abusive and drunken quality tourists. Sadly they were mostly compatriots of mine.
    Duration 60mins. and I think that I read (but could be mistaken here) that it's 10 episodes long.
    Here is a Youtube trailer:

[youtube:26t32qkt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlAVooxxJ2U[/youtube:26t32qkt]

Liked

Re: 'Bangkok Airport-Airport of Smiles' BBC3

Agreed. Hugely embarrassing. If you aren't British, please don't watch it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I met my niece on Friday. She arrived on an Emirates A380 at 12:15 pm around the same time as a Qatar A380 and an Etihad 777. Not sure how many other flights arrived at the west arrivals area at that time, but she took a full 1 hour 40 minutes to get through Immigration. Told me the organisation of the snake queues was appalling with passengers being moved around from queue to queue and many having to wait longer than had they stayed in their original queues. Several near fights broke out. So much for the "airport of smiles"!

Liked

Having seen the camp characters in the trailers, I wasn't sure if this was for real, or a follow on from "Come Fly With Me".

I quit watching after 15 minutes of the show.
    The Thai characters were OK. However life is too short to spend all that time trying to watch some loser trying to book a ticket home.

Liked

What a fantastic show!
    Makes me wanna jump on a plane and hang around Suvarnabhumi for a few hours!
    Unfortunately for my English and Scottish neighbours... they seem to have dragged up the dregs of the earth for the first episode....
    Car Crash TV at its best!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

It's been proved many times that TV production companies actively seek out the kind of stereotypes we expect to see in this type of programme.

Hence, so far we've had the "drunken Scot", and the 2 foul-mouthed female "slags" from England.

By episode 3 we might have been introduced to the "thick Irishman" representative - and Colmx might be making another post!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    By episode 3 we might have been introduced to the "thick Irishman" representative - and Colmx might be making another post!
    Hope the Thicko is from the North and not the Republic! (Sorry NIrishGuy!) :AR! :AR!

Liked

I believe Jimmy Cricket is still alive - could be making a guest appearance with his wellies marked L & R

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I believe Jimmy Cricket is still alive
    I had to google him to see who he was!
    Can't say I remember him!
    [attachment=0:1uyxdyel]Jiminy_Cricket.png[/attachment:1uyxdyel]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha funny you mention Jimmy cricket SG as I haven't heard of him for years but strangely just today in work git an email advertising a concert he was performing in this very night just up the road from my house ! ( no I didn't go). I believe he actually lives full time in England now, where I'm sure he feels right at home :-)

And Colmx unfirrunateky there are all to many thick Irish / N.Irish/ Ulstermen here could quite happily full that fairly accurate stereotype it seems of late - well if you base that on a cross section of our esteemed politicians here anyway as they are surely assholes, every single one of them !! :-(