On my last trip in Feb I stayed for 3 nights in Jomtien at East Suites and enjoyed the change from South Pattaya. This trip we had planned 3 nights in Bkk but partly because of the unsettled situation there decided to change to Jomtien again.

Stayed again at East Suites. 2nd stay here, so was interested to see if experience was same as last, it was and I would def recommend it. Very spacious, light rooms, excellent security, nice furnishings, rain shower bathroom with a stack of toiletries, small kitchen area with microwave, kettle, toaster is handy. Large TV with DVD, plenty of wardrobe space Large balcony overlooking soi. Cost same as last visit Bt1350 per night.

Jomtien had customers, even though it was low season. But there seems to be an even bigger imbalance of available boys and bars for the numbers. Dolce Vita was very busy Sat night, but the rest have a slow but steady trickle/stream of customers. Since my last visit in Feb where I noted a couple of new bars, I see even more bars started up in the complex. Before there were PourHouse, X men, question?, two faces, L&N, 4T, B&M?, now there is Kiss Bar? and two more nearer The Venue end in addition. I also noticed some waiters previously in South Pattaya now working in Jomtien Complex.

Visited The Venue show and was surprised that it was fairly well attended. Show was mainly BT show fodder, but have to say performers excelled in dance moves and lip sync was spot-on for a change, even more surprising was some numbers had main singer with live and excellent vocals. Definitely worth at least one visit, and while complimenting the dance moves some were quite exaggerated and hilariously camp at times, so for me and bf all-in-all actually entertaining.

Also new since my last trip here is a restaurant, not specifically gay, even though it is next to posiden and up from the boy bars called "OH! YES". It seems to have had a good bit of cash thrown at it. It is on the first floor, one above ground, and set-out like a rooftop style, nicely laid out, lights made to look like the stars above. even though there were actual stars above when not cloudy. Wooden rustic but comfortable tables/chairs, surrounded by bamboo/wooden decor so quite atmospheric. we went (just for a look) at 8pm and were the only customers, heinekens Bt100, cocktails Bt160, we had thai food which bf thought was excellent, and he is fussy when it comes to spicy food with taste. also had live entertainment, keyboards and two singers with background music. Shame it was so quiet, it has huge signage but very little info about what it actually is on the street level and how to access it.

It reminded me of the rooftop restaurant at the Karnmanee Palace in Saphan Kwai I used to stay most trips in the early days of visiting Bangkok/Thailand.

Waiters in all of the Jomtien bars laid back and very keen to interact but will leave you in peace if you want some easy time to yourself. Many new faces in the sea of same Pattaya faces, and some very cute, available boys with nice demeanours and plenty of them.

If you are single or with bf Jomtien well worth the effort of visiting from South Pattaya or 2-3 nights staying there for a change, in one of the many establishments catering to gay customers.