Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rayong worth a visit?

Liked

Rayong worth a visit?

I'm thinking of taking a couple of days out of Pattaya (to allow my liver to recover) and wondered if Rayong was worth a visit? Just looking for somewhere with a beach, a few restaurants and bars - within a couple of hours of Pattaya. Any suggestions? Hotel/Guesthouse recommendations would be welcome.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Rayong worth a visit?

I haven't been in a while but I always enjoyed my stays there. There are many inexpensive guest houses on the beach itself but the beach is about a 15 minute bus ride to the main part of town. When I was there there was not a real gay scene but several bars found boys looking and the discos were mixed. It was a very friendly place. The beach is beautiful and the concessions are cheap. Many of the concessions have pools where live fish are delivered daily and you can point out the seafood you want prepared. Heading south a short distance towards Ban Pei is a very good government-run aquarium...not expensive with graphics in both English and Thai. Ban Pei is the ferry terminal to go to Samet Island...a great day trip or it has bungalows for those wishing to stay.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

wasn't there a guest house for sale there about three years back for like $12000?
    Always wondered about that, but luckily I saw the ad here AFTER I had just returned from vacation
    about this time of year and wasn't about to buy anything from the net sight unseen.

Liked

You might have missed this thread:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com...9.html#p199818

PM me if you want some more info or have questions. Don't want to bother the Pattaya-Centrics.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    I'm thinking of taking a couple of days out of Pattaya (to allow my liver to recover) and wondered if Rayong was worth a visit? Just looking for somewhere with a beach, a few restaurants and bars
    Your way of allowing your "liver to recover" is by seeking out bars?

Quote Originally Posted by just a moment
    Try Rayong Tesco/Lotus wash room lots of trade there :rolling:
    Is that where you caught tongue cancer?

Liked

I think you have me mix up with some one else "Beach Bunny" , in your dreams :rolling:
    LMTU It does not take a geenyus to figure out who you are. By the way, where did you get those funky black frame glasses and god awful orange shirt?
    E Dok Tong

Liked

TrongpaiExpat, it was actually your recent thread which made me think of visiting Rayong. I always enjoy reading those little travelogues. Thanks for taking the time.

Doug, those photos are great - seems to be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting them.

I'd be grateful for recommendations for hotels or guesthouses, thanks.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

A two-hour wait for a meal? I highly doubt that is accurate. Of course, you are well known for exaggeration (if not outright lying).

Liked

LMTU/ boygeenyus , is there any end to the names I'm called. now i'm waring the latest shirts and sun glasses, I must be very trendy, even though people who know you tell me your a very nice guy in reallity, but that Geezer is a nasty bit of work, always waring those same jungle shorts and eating alone at AMORE must be crazy :laughing3:
    Not sun glasses, just designer black frame and don't you think your a little too old for them. You have lost a lot of weight too, looking good.

Geezer's utility shorts come in handy when in one of the pockets there's a camera.
    E Dok Tong