Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Visa run advice?

Liked

Visa run advice?

Visa run advice?

Abstract: where in South-East Asia can I travel and stay cheaply, even during Chinese New Year, and get a triple entry tourist visa for Thailand?

My work visa and work permit end on 31.01.2014. (1) I have to leave Thailand, but want to come back after a few days to spend some more months in Thailand. (2)

It will be Chinese New Year, which will make travelling and finding accommodation difficult. In which countries in South-East Asia Chinese New Year is not celebrated to a large extent?

I want to go for a visa in a country where I can enter preferably without needing a visa and without entrance fee of any kind (as a German).

I would go to the Thai embassy of that country and apply for a triple entry tourist visa. (I plan to spend the entire April in Europe and want to come back after that.) In which countries/embassies is this process easy, where can I encounter problems?

Last but not least, I like to travel and stay on a low budget. I want to do some sightseeing in that country (several days, up to a week).

Any suggestions where to go or what else I can do?

I wouldnтАЩt mind some gay activities, but for some days or up to a week I can do without.

Apart from Chinese New Year, the political situation in Thailand might change and make a visa run difficult or impossible.

(1) Is it possible to get an extension for my work visa, after the work contract ends?

(2) After these few more months, I want to stay in Thailand on a tourist or ED visa, find a new job in Thailand, or go back to Europe for work if I find a job.

(update: I discussed this with a friend and he said that there are an additional 7 days time to leave the country after the work visa expires. But if this was true, it would be stamped in the passport? It would make sense, according to my work contract I would have to work until 5 pm on Jan 31st (3) and then leave the country on that very day because my visa expires at midnight.)

(3) Jan 31st is a holiday, so I only have to work until Jan 30. But if it wasnтАЩt a holiday, my last day of work would be the last day I am permitted to stay in Thailand.

Re: Visa run advice?

Would't you be better off asking this question on Thaivisa where there are hundreds of bores just itching to give you advice?