Smiles - Thank you for taking the time to share this story of real life in Thailand. I always enjoy the insights into the life of Thai families but also think what a frustrating life it must be. No wonder there is sometimes a volcano simmering under that mai pen rai outward face. Add to that the drama and the bad habits of family members and I am sure it makes one appreciate a Thai with a decent amount of common sense such as the one you share your time with.

The country area has always seemed a nice place to visit but I would get bored out of my head staying there for any period of time. No wonder they need alcohol and weed. Fortunately I have always visited it with some good Thais and have enjoyed hearing their background stories, seeing the lifestyle and getting introduced to the simple pleasures. Interesting in small does, but I think I would have to be like you and live close to the beach and in a similar place where you have just about anything you need. I don't think I could take some of the personalities in Pattaya, both Thai and Farang. My dream would be some place more in the middle, not a overactive Pattaya, but not a too serene Hua Hin either.

Thanks for the post. B-)