List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How come Thai boys age so rapidly?

How come Thai boys age so rapidly?

Have you noticed this. By the time many of them are 30, or even 27, they usually look 10 years older than people their age in the west? If you agree, what do you think are the reasons? Late hours? Too much Sangthip? Smoking? Yaba? Diseases?

I would think this causes some relationship issues. For example, a farang gets involved with a 22 year old and a few years later he looks 35. Obviously, the farangs liked young ones, so then what?

Debate and discuss ...

Liked
    I met my bf when he was 17 he is 31 now. I am happy to say we are growing older together. I don't look the same either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi Cow Chai
    I met my bf when he was 17 he is 31 now. I am happy to say we are growing older together. I don't look the same either.
    Thats cool, but is that typical?

Liked

Getting older

I don't know if I agree. To me, it seems as though Thai men age better than we do. Have you taken a moment to look around and compare older farang men (In Pattaya) and older Thai men? The older Thai men get my vote by far. Certainly, if you travel up country -- sometimes the rough nature of their life in the rice fields age them quicker -- but in the cities, I don't see it.

I think -- just like us -- it is quality of life and quality of living. So yes, the cigs and the whiskey probably take their toll -- but I think it is the same back home.

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Try Niddy's Special Mai Tai **
    (Delicious and Potent!)

Hmmmm.
    I don't think so.
    The average 35 year old American homosexual watches his diet, eats healthy food, avoiding too many CHEESEBURGERS, exercises regularly, doesn't smoke to excess, and is not an alchoholic or drug addict, and they quite often look 25 and fabulous. I find it is rare to meet a Thai male age 35 who doesn't look his age or older.

I am pushing 50 and regularly get taken for my early 30s in Thailand, and not only by MBs, and I am not unusually youthful looking for a gay American.

Thai boys aging?

In general, I think Asian tends to look much younger than farangs because of their diet and maybe their body built.
    The thai boys that you mentioned that have aged faster might be the ones having little sleep, drinking too much alcohol, smokes and keeping an unhealthy lifestyle. It really is a pity to see a once handsome and goodlooking guy wither away. In a gay man's world, your value has gone down the drain especially if you are into the flesh trade.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Hmmmm.
    I don't think so.
    The average 35 year old American homosexual watches his diet, eats healthy avoided too many CHEESEBURGERS, exercises regularly, doesn't smoke to excess, and is not an alchoholic or drug addict, and they quite often look 25 and fabulous. I find it is rare to meet a Thai male age 35 who doesn't look his age or older.

I am pushing 50 and regularly get taken for my early 30s in Thailand, and not only by MBs, and I am not unusually youthful looking for a gay American.
    That makes me laugh! Your not from the USA -- are you? That is certainly NOT the "average 35 year old American Homosexual." In fact, you might want to find some statistics illustrating the incredible amount of obesity in Americans and the result of too much indulgence in junk food. We are all mostly gluttons!

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Home of Pataya's Tastiest CHEESEBURGER! **

Re: Thai boys aging?

Quote Originally Posted by rustee
    In general, I think Asian tends to look much younger than farangs because of their diet and maybe their body built.
    The thai boys that you mentioned that have aged faster might be the ones having little sleep, drinking too much alcohol, smokes and keeping an unhealthy lifestyle. It really is a pity to see a once handsome and goodlooking guy wither away. In a gay man's world, your value has gone down the drain especially if you are into the flesh trade.
    I agree about Asians in general.
    I disagree about THAIS in particular.
    Test this yourself, go onto gaydar and have a GOOD LOOK at the FACES of Thai men over 27. Most are aged looking.
    It is especially noticable in their faces.

I am most definitely from the USA, mostly San Francisco.
    San Francisco gays don't eat many cheesburgers. They eat burritos.
    Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Hmmmm.
    I don't think so.
    The average 35 year old American homosexual watches his diet, eats healthy avoided too many CHEESEBURGERS, exercises regularly, doesn't smoke to excess, and is not an alchoholic or drug addict, and they quite often look 25 and fabulous. I find it is rare to meet a Thai male age 35 who doesn't look his age or older.

That makes me laugh! Your not from the USA -- are you? That is certainly NOT the "average 35 year old American Homosexual." In fact, you might want to find some statistics illustrating the incredible amount of obesity in Americans and the result of too much indulgence in junk food. We are all mostly gluttons!

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Home of Pataya's Tastiest CHEESEBURGER! **

Forum's veteran
    Liked

money and vanity....

In the western countries, there is usually money for gyms, trainers, facials, massages, high quality fresh foods and surgery like lipo and lifts and tucks....
    In the western countries, most homosexuals do not have the stress of making it thru every day and living in substandard accommodations.. Vanity is also
    an issue and younger gay men tend to be vane and at least try to look younger as youth is so important in acceptance and getting laid..

In spite of this, farangs tend to age horribly and most let themselve go after 40 or so..Obesity is epidemic and unfortunately some never get it that
    the comb-overs look ridiculous and black clothing doesn't hide the extra weight but is better than nothing.. Cosmetic surgery is big buiness here and many
    choose liposuction and to have face lifts to look younger..One Thai boy I know well, said to me about a farang undergoing a face job, "Why he do that, he old already." He didn't understand why men in their late 50's or 60's would undergo the pain and recovery time when they still are old and have bigger breasts than most women.. I explained it was vanity and an effort to try to look younger..To the Thai boy it was crazy to spend all that money to look a little younger when you are still old...

I think another issue is exposure to the tropical sun twelves months a year without sun screening lotions..The guys that work outside look leathery
    after enough years in the sun and the sun ages the skin.. Most farangs have learned that lesson and stay out of the sun but there are always those
    who soak it up and think they look better but end up just looking like old wrinkled leather.. The farangs see mostly the underclasses and the poor who do age rapidly in the sun, without access to beauty care and hard lives toiling away..The middle and upper class Thais age very well , tend to be lighter skinned and more Chinese and look much younger than their farang counterparts..

One last issue is dental care and in third world countries the poor do not have access to dentists and the solution to toothaches is to pull the teeth, leaving many with gaps or few teeth and of course this makes one look years older..Farangs with bad teeth have many options and one only occassionally sees missing and diseased teeth.. The very poor in parts of the USA and Europe also age rapidly, are overexposed to the elements, and have missing or bad teeth..
    By the way, don't the British have dentists? Amazing how poor the dental condition of most elderly Brits with oversized molars and one would think
    dental braces never made it over the pond.....