As I continue putting together the plans for my next visit, I have another question for the collective wisdom of SGF members...

I would like to take BF out of the country for a short visit somewhere. I want to do something nice for him. show him some new things. and allow us some time together outside of the Thailand gay scene. I also have hope that at some point I could get him a Visa for the USA and that a history of us traveling together would be of benefit.

I am considering Hong Kong as a good first destination. About 2 1/2 hour plane trip (his first) and no Visa requirement for either of us, good infrastructure, nice hotels, etc. It is one of the places BF mentioned as someplace he would like to visit. I wanted someplace far enough away that it felt special (not a road trip up to Cambodia) but easy enough to endure for a first time traveler. I also wanted someplace I have not been to so we can explore together. BF is applying for his passport this week, and from what I can tell, should have it a couple of weeks later.

So, anyone have experience or story to share about taking such a trip with BF?

Also, if anyone has special advice or ideas about things to do or see in Hong Kong, any information would be appreciated. (I will check out the other forums for info as well....)
The other possible destination was Singapore, but for some reason I would prefer Hong Kong. Am I wrong here?

As always, many thanks.