Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Taking BF out of the country....?

Liked

Taking BF out of the country....?

Many Thais , particularly older ones from rural areas, have little experience of travel even within Thailand. My boyfriend's father, for example, has never seen the sea.

I've taken my boyfriend to many places in Thailand but wish to celebrate our tenth anniversary with a trip to Bali next year. Any advice?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Taking BF out of the country....?

first make sure he has and if not start preparing in time to get him a passport. If he happens to be a pink-card stateless or ''refugee'or whatever from the north-forget it completely.
    In ASEAN nationals can stay for free in membercountries for 3 weeks-incl.Indonesia, but Singapore etc often bar single young male Thai from entering-except when they are obviously on all expense paid by rich lover sugardaddy.
    Do not expect to like him everything. Big cities like again SINgapore and HongKong seem to appeal far, far much more,. Forget mainland China, unless he (but then your description does not hold) indeed Chinese himself. To be prudent make sure there are Thai people, Thai restrts etc available-there are a very few in bali.
    AVoid the rainy season in Bali-the mess is much, much bigger as in TH-rainy is the northern winter there, as its south of equator. Think thrice even if you are also not been to Bali.
    oh-I hope you don not take offence- Bali's young men (or rather the young men you are likely to meet-many are not Balinese at all) are perhaps even more appealing as Thai- so be prepared.

Liked

Thanks Pong.
    I have been to Bali; twice. I know that he'll like it because cities and bright lights don't appeal to him; the countryside and temples are more his scene. We won't be in Kuta!
    I didn't explore the gay scene when I was there on my own; and I certainly won't on our anniversary trip.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My Thai bf and I visited Bali during Songkran back a couple years ago. What made the trip special was staying at the small gay resort, Spartacus (spelled Spartacvs). The place was tastefully done with a great friendly staff. (see website) It is walking distance to a "gay" beach area which is not strictly gay but becomes more so towards sunset. NOTE: Swimming along this area is dangerous due to the undertoe. Simanyak town has a couple fun gay bars (google "gay Bali") which my bf and I enjoyed. Most of the young, gay men that hang outside the bars (commercial boys) are from Jakarta, not from Bali. My bf and I were not planning to have a "3 some" but the Indonesian "boys" were into the muscular type (we both go to the gym) so we found the locals very anxious... (nice surprise). We hired a driver a couple times to take us around the island. We also stayed away from Kuta.