Not sure if accommodation reviews belong on his forum (moderators, delete this if it should not be here!) but others may be interested in my recent highly positive experience of Mosaik Luxury Apartments in the Soi Day/Night area of Pattaya. I'm submitting this to tripadvisor also, as Mosaik doesn't seem to get many reviews there.

--------

Just spent two weeks in a one-bedroom suite, overlooking the Blue House boys massage shop. The bedroom and the living/kitchen room both very spacious. Everything, including the bathroom and balcony and shared corridors/lift, very clean - either everything has recently been re-painted and re-fitted, or else they simply maintain the place exceptionally well. Kitchen area included good-size fridge, microwave, kettle, and basic crockery, cutlery, pots and pans. Flat-screen TV and DVD player worked well, but some channel signals a bit ropey. Lighting very good. There's an extractor fan in the bathroom but no window or other ventilation - not a problem. Big walk-in shower area, high water pressure. Tops supermarket, in the basement of Tukcom mall just across the road, is there any extra cheap bits-n-pieces you need. Security is good - one key unlocks the lobby door (which is self-closing) and individual apartment door. A staff member seems to be on duty 24x7, stationed outside the main entrance at night.

The bed is king-size at least. Clean bed-linen and bathroom towels. However the bed is pretty uncomfortable. Sure, Thai-style is firmer than western style, but this was not just hard but also uneven. I guess it gets used quite a lot!

I paid THB 12,700 rent for the 14 nights, plus 1,720 for electricity and a tiny 75 for water. That was after using one of the two aircon units for perhaps 10 hours in total each day. They charge 6.50 (plus 7% VAT) per electricity unit, which they read from some device on their computer, but I have no way of knowing if the readings are genuine - also no reason to assume they are not. Wifi is now free and generally worked effectively (after a few days of no signal, I reported this and it was fixed quickly). Regular cleaning is 215, change of sheets and towels 119, and last-day cleaning charge of 321. Rental must be paid in advance on arrival plus a deposit for electricity (etc) which seems to be 1,000 per week's stay. No credit cards, so get cash before you arrive. I booked by email and was surprised never to be asked for a deposit to secure the booking, nor even any passport or ID details. In fact, on the early evening that I arrived, still nobody asked for money or ID, but I chose to sort all this out the next morning. Note that the Bell Transport bus service from Bangkok or the airport will drop you off and collect you from Mosaik (journey 200 one-way).

Overall I was very pleased indeed and will return on my next trip. Mosaik is in a relatively quiet part of the city, albeit next to the Tukcom mall, and has a feeling of a semi-residential area, which is a nice contrast to the main tourist hotel strip. But it's just a ten minute interesting walk (or even quicker baht-bus ride) down to where all the action is. Lots of good-value western and Thai restaurants, and massage shops, in the immediate area.