Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik Apartments

Liked

Mosaik Apartments

Has anyone stayed at the Mosaik Apartments in Pattaya Thailand? I just confirmed my reservation and now have doubts about the quality of the place. It looks great online, however, it does not mention the size of the apartment nor itтАЩs proximity to the beach. Can anyone fill me in on the real deal about this place? Thanks so much for any information provided.

Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

Re: Mosaik Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by 1PR4BKK
    Has anyone stayed at the Mosaik Apartments in Pattaya Thailand? I just confirmed my reservation and now have doubts about the quality of the place. It looks great online, however, it does not mention the size of the apartment nor itтАЩs proximity to the beach. Can anyone fill me in on the real deal about this place? Thanks so much for any information provided.
    Well, the apartments are in Soi Day Night, and the map at http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/mappage1.html gives you some idea of the area - look for Luxor and Ole Restaurants as a guide - the apartments are in the same block as Ole and the administration is in the Luxor building. They are not near the beach in Pattaya - and a baht bus ride from Jomtien.

Liked
    Oh yeah I know this place. It's quite new, so I really wouldn't worry about the quality. But the added bonus to staying there is that Niddy's Nook is mere steps away!

Dboy

Liked

I stayed at Mosaik Apts - I recommend them...

:alien: I have stayed at Mosaik Apartments for two months this year- March and April - and I am pleased to recommend them to you!

The management is active and alert and very good! They will take good care of you during your stay.

I was recovering from hip replacement surgery and found the apartment location ideal for me. Many wonderful restaurants with many choices of foods at very affordable prices are steps away and nearby; the building has elevator lifts; few steps to navigate - only two small steps up from soi street to entry to building; excellent security 24 hours daily; close to IT Center and TOPS Supermarket which is located in the basement of the IT Center just a 3 minute stroll from the apartment; the 10 baht bus ride of about 10 to 15 minutes to take me to the beach ...or anywhere in Pattaya ....is at the end of the street/soi ...just a short three minute walk from the apartments; and it is close to both Sunee Plaza - a short 5 minute walk, and Boyztown a five minute baht bus ride or 10 minute walk from the apartment.

I rented a Studio which included a large queen size bed ( I requested a second mattress on the bed to raise the height of the bed so I could easily sit down on the bed at hip level and they were most happy to accomodate my request at no added cost) , stereo tv, cable tv, telephone, refrigerator, table with two chairs for dining, and a kitchenette with cabinets and electric hotplate. Bathroom was good size with toilet, wash basin and mirror and a large shower; a large clothes armoir; and a balcony - very small patio area...not really usable for sitting in my opinion...but nice (however the rooms on the East side have larger balcony and would be nice for sitting); and good lighting. The color schemes used by the apartments for bed linen and sheets brightens up the room greatly!

I paid 10,200 baht monthly for the room which was on the third floor. I found out later that the second floor rent is 9,200 baht; third floor rent 10,200 baht and fourth floor rent is 11,200 baht....1,000 baht per month higher rent for higher floor. No difference which floor you are on - so I suggest you choose lowest floor available and save the baht! The utilites averaged 2,000 baht monthly for my studio...and note that I was probably using the air conditioning more than usual as I spent more time in the apartment while recuperating from my surgery. Maid service is available for 200 baht each time used and clean lnen for the bed and bathroom is 300 baht per change.

I looked at the size of the one bedroom unit which are on the frontside of the apartment building facing East....(the Studios are on the backside - facing West) and it was spacious and nicely furnished throughout. I would have been most pleased with the one bedroom but sought to save money and so I chose the Studio. The one bedroom units were about 8,000 baht more monthly...in the 18 - 20,000 baht range I believe.

One month's rent is required in advance along with an added one month's rent as security deposit. No problems with return of the deposit if you have taken good care of the room.

The Mosaik Apartments website is located at:

http://mosaik-pattaya.com/ .

Enjoy your stay...and if you have any added questions, please let me know.

TravelerJim
    For Affordable International Health and Travel Insurance
    Please visit www.tjinsurance.com .
    Tj

Liked

Thanks A Bunch

Thanks a lot guys. You are all great with your replies. I will be happy for now with my choice to stay at Mosaik on my upcoming visit. While I am there I will look at other properties in Pattaya to see where I may stay on future visitsтАжif I decide to come back.

Cottmann, thanks for the map site. It was a very useful site and the map of Day-Night Sois 1-3 District is now part of my travel folder (IтАЩm such a travel geek). Although I was hoping to be closer to the beach I guess I can manage to ride a motor bike there with no problem during this stay.

Dboy, I wonтАЩt worry since you said the place is new and not worry about the quality.

Travelerjim, if you stayed there for two months and can still recommend this place then I am satisfied for booking there. I did reserve the two-room (one bedroom) unit.

Rainwalker99, thanks for the photo of the outside of the building (which is going in my travel folder). As for the golden statues, I will just pretend I am at a Thai Academy Awards facility. They are a little off looking.

:wav:
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Oh yeah I know this place. It's quite new, so I really wouldn't worry about the quality. But the added bonus to staying there is that Niddy's Nook is mere steps away!

Dboy
    Indeed, we are right around the corner! I have put some friends up in these apartments and I am happy to agree with the other users here - it is a wonderful and brand new accomodation. You won't be sorry. And, in my opinion, the location is fantastic -- not only because it is close to Niddy's Nook -- but also because it is just a short walk away from Boyztown and Sunee Plaza, plus just a quick songtow or motorbike taxi ride away from the beach!

Enjoy your stay!

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Try Niddy's Highly Recommended Fish & Chips! **

BEWARE

A good friend stayed at Mosaic some months ago and payed a horrible rate for electricity and phone. Horrible I said. Probably four times the going rate. You will be better off not using the phone either.
    Rooms are nice but small. Not a place I would stay at for these reasons.

B2,000/month for electricity, using the aircon "more than usual" doesn't seem so outrageous. If that's quadruple the going rate, then one would expect the "normal" rate to be B500/month???

When I rented an apartment about 5 years ago in BKK, the owner pointed out that because his building was classified a certain way with the electric company he was only charge 3.5b/KWh (not sure of the unit, but I know it was B3.5) versus the residential rate of 5.0b/KWh. Anybody care to do the math to see if TJ was overcharged? <g>

Huh?

Where did you get the 2000 baht figure? Out of your head or a--?
    I warned the man he will pay a very high electric rate, my job is finished.

Liked

Re: Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by goodlad
    Where did you get the 2000 baht figure? Out of your head or a--?
    I warned the man he will pay a very high electric rate, my job is finished.
    The 2000 baht figure came from TJ's post for all utilities. I stayed at Mosaik last January-February and I agree with everything in TJ's post. I checked the rates and they were in line with competion. I too paid about 1,500-2,000 for all utilities. I never used the phone since I had my cell phone.