Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik Apartments

Liked

Mosaik Apartments

I just booked a weeks stay at mosaik apartments ,i have never stayed there before ,but there web site looks quite impressive and the cost was ok for a week in a one bedroom suit prestige, i have always stayed at the ambiance before , but the suit offers twice has much space for the same price. so looking forward to my arival in Pataya on the 13 january.

You have to factor into the price of Mosaik, the cost of electric, water, linen changes, housekeeping, internet access if required, etc. Mosaik is a serviced apartment and does have added costs over the quoted price.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySee
    You have to factor into the price of Mosaik, the cost of electric, water, linen changes, housekeeping, internet access if required, etc. Mosaik is a serviced apartment and does have added costs over the quoted price.
    while this is true they are still excellent value and superbly located. Hope you get one at the front as some face onto a well that isn't that attractive. However they are all new and clean with all facilities.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Joiner Fee

Friends staying there in moment and they must pay a joiner fee, if they bring a boy to the appartment. But they not even get one towle more. Not fair for this kind of accomodation.

Re: Joiner Fee

Quote Originally Posted by gaydestination
    Friends staying there in moment and they must pay a joiner fee, if they bring a boy to the appartment. But they not even get one towle more. Not fair for this kind of accomodation.
    I called Mosiak to ask about this since I have a friend coming to town from the USA and I suggested he may want to stay there. The deny having a joiner fee as these are apartments with a security camera allowing you to see who is visiting before buzzing them into the building.

Maybe you are thinking of a hotel.

My friends paying every day 200 Baht for the boy they bring to the appartment. Maybe it goes in someones pocket but they pay it at Mosaik Appartments. Just ask them again before posting here.

Liked
    Their website does not include any restrictions about joiners or any joiner fee. I would simply not pay and see what happens.

No joiner fee

My friends paying every day 200 Baht for the boy they bring to the appartment. Maybe it goes in someones pocket but they pay it at Mosaik Appartments. Just ask them again before posting here.
    Here is the telephone number I dialed (038 723 667) and for the second time the person that answered said there is no payment for a guest. I am wondering who he pays the 200 baht to. Is it the security guard?

Liked

Mosaik Veteran...Kind of

I have stayed at Mosaik several times and have enjoyed it quite a bit. As for joiner fees...NONE! Several of my friends have booked apartments there during my stay and none of them ever mentioned a joiner fee. As another poster mentioned, these units are serviced apartments, not hotel rooms. The only thing the overnight guards may do is record the motorbike tag of your companion and maybe their ID, time of entry and departure. However, this if for your own safety. They have never requested money for joiner fee or "hush money" so I certainly do not see to whom your friend could have paid the 200 THB.

As a matter of fact, my friends are staying there at the moment and I decided to go elsewhere this year because I wanted a place with a pool. I think I may end up staying there again in a few weeks.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

Re: Mosaik Apartments

I can concur that there is no joiner fee at the Mosaik.

Although I have enjoyed to stay at the Mosaik on several occasions during the last three years, I am looking for an alternative, as their pricing has become somewhat steep lately.
    When they opened in 2005 they charged 22.000 Baht for a two room apartment of about 80m2 and 17k to 19k Baht for the smaller 60m2 two room apartments. Prices are monthly, low season. Starting with "low season" 2008 they raised their prices by about 20% - I dont think the CPI increased by 20% in these three years. Adding pain is the Baht's appreciation. What has irritated me from the beginning is their 30% add-on thorughout the socalled "high season". Although I see the point in charging a premium like this during the peak season, I hold the opinion it is somewhat over the top during the period when the low season has more or less settled in already, i.e. in March. I think it would be much more appropriate to differentiate between peak-, high-, low- and dead-season. Only two levels like at the Mosaik (high or low season with a 30% price difference) does not make too much sense in my opinion, especially in Pattaya. Of course one could argue, it is up to the market, i.e. the tourists and foreign residents, to decide on the appropriate pricing policy. Problem is on the other hand, the imperfect information, i.e. I dont know about alternatives which offer about the same level of convenience/quality. I once in a while take a look at other apartments / guest houses, but I have not found anything that would pass as an alternative regarding the standard of the rooms. As I dont want to spill my holiday with indiscriminate "inspections" of prospective alternative apartments, I would like to ask this community to share their huge knowledge base regarding lodging.
    I am looking for an apartment, to let for three to four weeks. In the range of 50m2 to 70m2; seperate sleeping room would be nice. Bathroom should be Western style, i.e. separated toilet and shower, as I dont want to stand/walk on a wet floor when going to the toilet. Bathroom should be big enough to hold two persons at the same time without impeding each other - this is another issue with Mosaik: the suites are rather big, but much of the space is uselessly wasted while the bathroom is very, very small.
    Bed has to be king-size. TV should not be outdated and about 30 or more inches - my boyfriend needs it...
    Next there should be a Balcony which actually can be used, i.e. having a minimum of two outdoor chairs. Important for smoking...
    Plenty of storage room would be a considerable plus. Not just a standard cabinet, but at least two and some extra furniture useful for storage.
    Big safety deposit box - should be able to hold a standard size laptop, camera and some other stuff.
    Some dished and cutlery would be nice to have, together with adequate cupboard.
    What I do not need: Cooking plate, telephone, DVD player, VCR, stereo, swimming pool, parking lot.
    I hope my needs are not too specific - I would be very grateful for some people out there having suggestions.