So, following on from a post in another thread that vnman had made about "apart from STi's and getting sick whilst in Thailand" etc it just made me wonder re on that very ( never talked about ) subject - we all hear from people in the west just how bad we are going near Thailand and getting involved with those "bad, disease ridden prostitutes etc" when on holiday and we witness ( or I do anyway) how some people look down their noses at us and quote how rampant STI's are in Thailand etc, so is any brave enough to be honest and admit or discuss their experiences - good or bad ??

I can start ( boringly but thankfully perhaps) by saying that apart from that whole HIV risk thing that I'd posted about last year,(which thankfully ended up clear for me but not my Thai guy as we'd only had safe sex thank god !) I've never had any problems or issues or picked up "anything" whilst in Thailand ( I can't say the same about the west however many years ago :-( ! ) and I would actually add that I firmly believe that because of the line of work the guys are in "most" of them that I see ( or at least the smarter ones) are much MORE aware and concerned about STI's and safe sex than some of the crazy farang I talk to who are either totally stupid and not aware or anything or more scarily they think "it'll never happen to me" brigade and go about fucking their brains out without a condom in sight !

I was actually talking to a guy the other night who claimed he has been going with many working guys in Thialand for over 15 years and ONLY ever has UNprotected sex by choice and states he has never caught anything ( VERY fortunate man if that's the case I would think) and I'm probably thinking it's more like he's never been to be tested to find out ( which he denies). I know I certainly have witnessed Thai guys that I'm with very subtly "checking me out" before they go down on me etc (as I do with them) which again that is more than I can say for some farang guys I know ! Also sometimes ( just to get a feel for the boy, I've intimated "do we need a condom" to see the reaction and EVERY SINGLE time they guy ( thankfully) has said "no, condom better!" with a look of "don't even think about it buster" - which I should add is exactly what I wanted to see and made me much more relaxed being with him - but "obviously" I assume that's not always the case in pattaya so is anyone honest enough to say " yeah, I don't use protection and the guys are happy enough with that for a few baht more (or not even) - and I say that in a totally none judgemental way and purely more from a researching the facts point of view as of course whatever you chose to do is "up to you".

So all in all I personally think the perception that the working guys get is a wrong one and whilst we should always of course "take care" I believe that "most" Thai ( working) guys are in fact very safe sex conscious - but that's only in my experience - and I've also heard stories of the Doctor's issuing fake "clean bills of health" certificates to go go guys for small amounts of money without even examining them when the guys KNOW they have "something" (anyone else ever hear of this ?) so does anyone else have any other views or experiences or infections they're prepared to talk about so we all get perhaps clearer picture if me view is perhaps wrong ? - and which lets face it whilst not being the most welcome thing in life STI's aren't the end of the world and theres no need to be shy in talking about this subject ( hopefully?).