Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thaifly - Cheap Air Fare from the U.S. HELP PLEASE

Liked: 1

Re: Thaifly - Cheap Air Fare from the U.S. HELP PLEASE

There are no cheap flights out of the USA now. I suggest you look at United or Continental or Northwest, as they fly to Bkkas part of their own service route. When i first flew United out of boston it was just short of 900 dollars abck in early 2000s but today if you get close to 1300 you do well but mote likely 1600 as they are climbing fast.Fortunatelu i have miles to use so It is less,
    If you find 1000 dollar flight from Boston let me know.If you find a 1000$ flight book it fast!!

Bill

Liked

Where do you want to fly out of and for what time period?

Last month United had airfares to Bangkok for around $850 - $1000, those fares are history now and the lowest fares I can find now for March out of Chicago are $1200 with Cathay or United.

Unless you have access to an air fare consolidator in the US who may or may not have lower fares available, this is what you are looking at today. It's also possible that a sale could pop up tomorrow, or next week, there's no way to know.

Liked

Try http://www.bt-store.com/

I used them this past October when I too found that Thai Fly was not an option.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

This might not be any better than what you have found already but I did the checks on google and found the average return flight was $1245.

I have a bee in my bonnet about the other way to BKK instead of the Pacific route, fly via Europe. I flew from London last year to Bangkok using Turkish Air. I noticed your trip is about 21 hours using all the west bound flights.

Not one of the cut price fares offered were going east via Europe, all were flying west.

Turkish Air flies ex Chicago daily 10,45 hour flight That is just one airline .Google flights Chicago all airports. All the Middle East carriers and destinations are shown.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

hi pay about 1000 euros flying bussness class
    comming from the canary islands

great value

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Why do you Europeans and Americans seem to pay so little for business class flying to Thailand/Asia?!

Atri666, Paperboy and a few others have indicated business class fares of USD$1,000-$2,500 from Europe. That's so cheap!

I'm always having to pay $4,000-$5,000 for return flights to Thailand/Asia from Sydney/Melbourne in Australia! And we only need to fly 9 hours at most to reach Bangkok. Not as far as you guys need to fly! I'm happy to pay that much but just wondering why the hell it's so much cheaper for Americans/Europeans.

I admit the airlines we fly might be nicer (Singapore Airlines and Qantas - both top notch products and usually A380s or just as new) but still... !

Liked

I know this does not help for flights to BKK.
    But I am traveling to the Philippines in May and June.
    The flight on Cathy Pacific was US$1330. I could get a coshare on American with FF Miles.
    But I had to fly out of Chicago. Being in New Mexico that did not work so well.
    So I am booked on EVA for US$950 RT. Will stop over in Taiwan, that was extra.
    I suggest you quickly check foreign carriers because fares are going up!!
    George in the USA

Liked

Call Rhonda at Norcross Travel. She is Thai but speaks perfect English. They specialize in travel to Thailand and are also a ticket consolidator. I have never found cheaper tickets to Thailand any where else and have compared the price to BT Travel and Thaifly. She always beats their price.
    Phone number: 1-888-888-7157

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I'm always having to pay $4,000-$5,000 for return flights to Thailand/Asia from Sydney/Melbourne in Australia! And we only need to fly 9 hours at most to reach Bangkok. Not as far as you guys need to fly! I'm happy to pay that much but just wondering why the hell it's so much cheaper for Americans/Europeans.

I admit the airlines we fly might be nicer (Singapore Airlines and Qantas - both top notch products and usually A380s or just as new) but still... !
    Beachy in another post you claimed because of your height you can curl up in a cattle class seat quite easily. Now we have the big spender claiming he spends top of the market prices.

Have you heard of Jetstar that fly direct from Sydney to Bangkok, their business class seat not quite Qantas or Singapore is less than $1500 Aust return. Maybe you have to go via Melbourne on the way out, but hell I have to go via Sydney to get full service Qantas flight. Life was not meant to be easy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    hi pay about 1000 euros flying bussness class
    comming from the canary islands

great value

Can you give the carrier and the route and also price if you can for economy. very interesting alternatives are coming forward every day .