Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pay your cab fare

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pay your cab fare

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... -say?lite=
    A taxi driver hacked an American to death after an argument over a $1.60 fare, Thai officials said late Sunday.
    Troy Lee Pilkington, 51, was repeatedly slashed with a 12-inch machete on Saturday night, according to Bangkok police.
    Police Lt. Col. Teerayut Maiplaeng said the suspect told them that Pilkington, who had lived in the country for three years, accused him of rigging the meter as they sat in traffic on the cityтАЩs busy Sukhumvit Road.
    The victim allegedly stormed out of the cab and refused to pay the 51 baht ($1.60) fare.
    The suspect claimed when he asked for the money, the American threw a cup of coffee at him, after which he pulled the knife from his trunk and chased after Pilkington.
    Video footage from a nearby surveillance camera captured part of the struggle and shows the taxi driver wildly swinging a machete as the other man flails his arms and tries to grab the driver.
    The suspect told police he panicked and that Pilkington, who worked for the American machinery company Caterpillar Inc., fell to the ground but he did not think that he would die, according to the Bangkok Post.
    After the attack, the suspect dumped the machete into a canal and threw away his shirt, the Post reported.
    Chidchai Utmacha, 32, was arrested him on charges of murder and carrying a weapon in public without reasonable cause.

Liked

Re: Pay your cab fare

It's murder. there is no excuse.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I've had quite a few disagreeements with taxi drivers here in China. Only thing is I want to pay more and they want me to pay less. (They didn't have the correct change, they went the wrong way and got lost ect) It makes a nice change.

Liked

The kind and gentle Buddhist attitude and Thai smile can disappear in an instant in the Land of Smiles. Some Thai emotions are tightly wound inside like a spring waiting to explode.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Forum's veteran
    Liked

golden rules...always pay what u agreed to...and no false accusations....always appeal to their sense of responsibility....

Liked

A falang is hacked to death by a taxi driver with a samurai sword. This happened in Phuket, right? Widely known as the most dangerous place in the known universe? Perpetrated by the notorious Phuket tuk tuk mafia, obviously.

But wait, no, this was Bangkok!

Ofage, Kittyboy, please explain....

I do so love being proved right.

Liked

Am I the only one who finds Nathan's attempt to use this man's murder to somehow score points here just a bit distasteful?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

beat me to it Joe.