Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baht bus fare??

Liked

Baht bus fare??

Can folks remember how far back the baht bus fare has been 10 baht??? Thanks.

Geez, an awful long time. But, for the BF it has been 5 baht for him at least as long. I always get the BF to pay, and yes I am willing to pay the farang tax as long a BF pays the Thai rate. The difference is to little to contemplate.

Re: Baht bus fare??

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222
    Can folks remember how far back the baht bus fare has been 10 baht??? Thanks.
    Yesterday?

Liked
    In all 5 trips to pattaya last year.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked
    I seem to recall in the late 80's it was 10 Baht but they were hard to find after dark if you wanted to go to Jomtiem from Pattaya. It's really an exceptional value. I did not visit Pattaya for several years and when I went back in the late 90's I had just assumed the price was 20B. I passed them a 20 and got a smile. I latter read on the old Dreaded Ned forum that the price is still 10B but you have keep your hand inside the window with your palm up if you expect change.
    E Dok Tong

...and twice I had them drive off with my hand inside. Only minor scratches, but not worth 10 baht.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by 555
    ...and twice I had them drive off with my hand inside. Only minor scratches, but not worth 10 baht.
    Your hand inside what?? Perhaps you were lucky only to get 'minor scratches' if you offered a mere '10 baht'.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked
    This was a notice a few moths back that the 5 baht was going up to 10 baht for Thais and 20 baht for Furlang. Due to the increase in oil.

Strangely enough in Saigon / HCMC, where fuel costs are similar, this is about the price of a metered taxi! A bus which would cost around 50 - 100 baht here costs 3 - 5 baht there (not that I would want to be there!). More strangely, however, fares on baht-buses / song-taews (or the equivalent), as well as motor-bike taxis, are not only considerably cheaper anywhere immediately outside Pattaya (on Sukhumvit, for example) as well as in "the provinces", but also much less in Bangkok.

How do you guys when catching a baht bus going north on 2nd road know if it is one that will loop back around onto Beach Road as opposed to one that will veer to the right onto North Pattaya at the dolphin? I don't know how to ask the driver or for any sign to look for on the outside that differentiates the two and while pct wise it seems the majority take the loop onto Beach Rd, it seems more times than not I get on one that is going onto North Pattaya and have to get off and walk across the road and catch another bus going back down Beach Rd.