List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is music so loud at Gogo bars???

Why is music so loud at Gogo bars???

Last night I went to one of the gogo bars I enjoy. Good mix of dancers, good wait staff, reasonable drink prices, etc.

Last night this bar was full due to a special event. Good for the bar owner and his staff. BUT>>>>>

The music was way too loud. Several customers simply got up and left saying they'd never come back. The owner was told this and even sent his manager to "ask" the dj to lower the music level. It might have been lowered but not by much.

The owner even apologized before the event started saying that he had a new sound system that cost over 130,000 and his dj was just getting use to it. True I am sure, but the customer sitting next to me yelled out, "Didn't the new system come with a volume switch???" A comment many of us thought was spot on.

Several more of my friends even though they stayed for part of the event, vowed never to visit this bar again!

I know this is not the norm for this bar. But for many others, I have heard customers say they will not go to a bar because the music is too loud.

Why don't owners listen to their customers?? Have you ever heard a friend say, "I won't go to that bar because the music is too soft."?????

Liked

Re: Why is music so loud at Gogo bars???

for god sake
    why dont you plug your ears then :sign5:
    Do you not rememebr when you were young????

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    for god sake
    probably not .. it was a long time ago .. haha but i do agree a little if the people in there are of the older persusion then maybe its best not to have it so loud .. i said maybe its best not to have it so loud .. i said maybe its best ....................................

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    for god sake

Yes, I remember when I was young but that has nothing to do with it.. The customers in gogo bars are not, for the most part, young. Its the older customers that are supporting the bars and spending the baht. So that argument just does not work. None of the gogo bars that im aware of are discos where people dance. They sure dont dance at gogos. They just stand there , hence again, why so loud. If heard managers and mamasons say the boys like it that loud. Well if they do , give them my check bin.

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Pattaya Male may simply be a whingeing pensioner with a recruitment problem (and I don't mean hiring gogo boys!) - but he has a valid point:

If I have a bar full of raging alcoholics, I don't serve them tea.
    If I have a bar full of mincing queens, I don't put gogo girls on the stage.
    Ergo:
    If I have a bar full of senior citizens, I don't bang the volume up to the level that a 16yo would like it at.

The problem with the majority of bars I stumble into these days, is that the volume and genre of the music is not played for the benefit of the customer, it is played for the benefit of the staff and/or proprietor

Picture it (as Sophia would have said) - 2004, Manchester Airport at 4am (after a 4 hour drive) to catch a 7am flight.
    Three of us go into a bar for breakfast (beer).
    The bar is devoid of customers except us - in fact the number of staff (average age 20) matches the number of customers.
    Heavy metal music is playing extremely loudly - did I mention it was 4am?
    After a few minutes, the largest of us goes up to the bar and asks the spotty youth who wears a badge to indicate he's the manager "Could you turn the music down, we can't even have a conversation, and we're the only people here anyway"
    Reply was "No, WE like it!"

And that, I'm afraid, indicates the lack of thought with which management and staff at many establishments treat their customers.

:occasion9:

PS: Pattaya Male - only kidding :sign5:

hang on a minute the scotty lad ... i wasnt the one moaning my dear .. it was the one 2 above who was moaning .. and im not a pensioner ... tho ill be glad when i am .. then i can moan even more and people will just say ' o its an age thing ' happy days to look forward to .. as for music in bars .. in all honesty i hate most of it .. now if they decided to start playing stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's then id certainly be there .. alone maybe but id be there .

Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    hang on a minute the scotty lad ... i wasnt the one moaning my dear .. it was the one 2 above who was moaning .. and im not a pensioner ... tho ill be glad when i am .. then i can moan even more and people will just say ' o its an age thing ' happy days to look forward to .. as for music in bars .. in all honesty i hate most of it .. now if they decided to start playing stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's then id certainly be there .. alone maybe but id be there .
    My mistake - have amended my post accordingly!

The 60's were before my time though - before I was conscious of music at least.

Music from the 70's would be welcome - maybe a Gary Glitter night.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    My mistake - have amended my post accordingly!

The 60's were before my time though - before I was conscious of music at least.

Music from the 70's would be welcome - maybe a Gary Glitter night.

cheers i dont really remember the 60's as i was born in 62 ... but was some great music from that time .. anyone even see THE BETTER they are a beatles tribute band who play in bangkok at O' Reillys Irish Pub by the entrance to sala daeng bst http://thebetterband.com/
    strangly enough they look and sound just like the originals .. well up untill each song ends and they say 'ahhh fank you welly much '
    as for a garry glitter night .. i think you should post that on another board .. it would be a sell out ..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    Have you ever heard a friend say, "I won't go to that bar because the music is too soft."?????
    No, because the reason they might not go to the bar with the lousy, soft music is because it's dull and there's no energy or atmosphere.

Scottish makes sense. But so many posters here post about wanting to attract the younger generation to Pattaya. Can't comment too specifically as I wasn't there but if this bar owner turns down the music TOO far, he'll just be left with a dull atmosphere where the only customers will be really sensitive old men who want nothing other than to pick a boy off the stage for the night. You won't get any of the younger customers, Asians coming in for the show, Russians etc.

Liked

The last thing a bar owner wants to do in a crowded marketplace is make his establishment generic. There's no such beast as a bar to appeal to all tastes and the most successful ones pick their niche and aim to make themselves the best in it. The most likely outcome of aiming for the middle with something like music volume is that you won't please anybody.