Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Laos report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Laos report

I know it's early days yet - I only arrived a few hours ago - but I thought I'd get started on laos.
    First of all, you don't need a photo for a visa. I inadvertedly left my photos in my checked-in luggage and was told by Thai airways crew that i could get my polaroid taken at Immigration. Wrong! I got to Immigration and was told they could just scan my photo from my passport and it would cost $1. Wrong! it was free. I was also told a visa cost $35. Wrong! It cost $30. Christ, doesn't anybody know anything these days??
    I had arranged an airport pick-up from my hotel - the Lao orchid- but noone was waiting for me. I took a taxi into town. I was told it cost $5. Wrong! It is $7!!
    My hotel is in a fantastic position, right on the mekong and 15 metres away from the GQ bar. I had an email from the hotel saying that i could take a guest back to my room but they would not be responsible for anything lost. Fair enough.
    I had read up a bit on Vientiane, especially the comments made by Kevin, and so had a number of places I needed to find in a hurry. Wandering around, I found them all in about an hour. I'm talking about Heng Heng massage, the fountain where guys gather at night (I hope), the CCC bar, Alexia Tex-Mex restaurant,The Sengtawan hotel which has massage downstairs where you can get a happy ending, as well as other places recommended by Kevin.
    It's now time for a shower and then i think I'll wander down to GQ. I hope I can give a glowing report tomorrow. (Fingers crossed!)

Liked

Re: Laos report

Gaymassage in Laos seems pretty cheap. Is it everywhere like that? How much for a "commercial" guy sleeping over?

Liked

Re: Laos report

Thanks to all of you who have posted here-very helpful.
    It's a long time since I was in Vientiane but reading this makes me want to go back.
    I remember a bar with an outside Terrace called "Chai Yo" as in "Lao Chai Yo!
    It was near the museum.
    The male staff were stunners.
    I wonder if it's still there.
    Anybody know?
    The French love for arches, wide boulevards and parks has rubbed off on the Cambodians, Vietnamese and Laoations. (Siem Reap has numerous small parks and Pattaya has none)
    I don't think the arch in Vientiane looks too bad...it's a Commie work in progress.
    I had hoped that when Obama went there that he might have started a real clean-up of all the unexploded US ordnance that prevents farming along the Cambodians border region but I don't think he did.