Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clothes made in Thailand

Liked

Clothes made in Thailand

Hi Everyone!
    Since I'm taking my first trip to Thailand in December for a month and a half I have a question about clothes that are good to purchase there. I realize a few big brands are made in Thailand but does that mean that those brands are always inexpensive to buy in Thailand?
    So, as an example; 2xist underwear, which can be fairly spendy in the USA is made in Thailand. Does anyone know the cost of this brand there? Or, if you're not a 2xsit man, lol, then pick another brand that is made in Thailand (or does it even need to be made there to be cheaper there?) let me know what if anything its a good buy compared to the USA.....it may be better to buy than to bring it.

Liked

Re: Clothes made in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5
    Hi Everyone!
    Since I'm taking my first trip to Thailand in December for a month and a half I have a question about clothes that are good to purchase there. I realize a few big brands are made in Thailand but does that mean that those brands are always inexpensive to buy in Thailand?
    So, as an example; 2xist underwear, which can be fairly spendy in the USA is made in Thailand. Does anyone know the cost of this brand there? Or, if you're not a 2xsit man, lol, then pick another brand that is made in Thailand (or does it even need to be made there to be cheaper there?) let me know what if anything its a good buy compared to the USA.....it may be better to buy than to bring it.
    I am going to take some flack for this, but this is one of the best tailors in Bangkok. They just charge one price, they have a world wide good reputation. They will alter a suit they make for free years later. They only use the finest materials.

Now, why the flack. They are the tailors for the Bush's all the way back to daddy Bush. Nobody is perfect.

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

Liked
    The tailors that have suited up the Bush gang, Senator Kerry as well as assisting First Lady Reagan (although with difficulty) is Rajawongse and the correct link for them is

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

Close to landmark hotel and I agree with khot tose that they are good quality and reasonably priced.

Liked

tailors

Thanks!
    I figured that tailored clothes would be a good deal and glad to have that confirmed.

Re: Clothes made in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5
    Hi Everyone!
    I've seen designer labels in department stores and the prices were comparable to higher than western pricing. At MBK there are several vendors, as well as night markets that sell knockoffs. 2Xist, I don't recall seeing, I prefer Calvin Klein, but decided I could get better deals at home.

Liked

market or mall

I have found clothes that are bought in malls are usually the same quality and brand name as those you find in the USA or you may find some off brands that made as good as those in the USA. In the market expect knock offs of brand name that at first inspection would seems to be the same but after wear they do not seem to hold up as well. So, in the mall you, like in America, can shop Wall mart of Penny's or Belk's, if you shop in the market, I would say buyer beware.Especially Patpong in Bangkok. is notorious for or good knock offs

All the best, my foursquare friend,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Re: market or mall

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    I have found clothes that are bought in malls are usually the same quality and brand name as those you find in the USA or you may find some off brands that made as good as those in the USA. In the market expect knock offs of brand name that at first inspection would seems to be the same but after wear they do not seem to hold up as well. So, in the mall you, like in America, can shop Wall mart of Penny's or Belk's, if you shop in the market, I would say buyer beware.Especially Patpong in Bangkok. is notorious for or good knock offs

All the best, my foursquare friend,

Wes
    eeeeekkkkkk, hahahaha

You may find difficulty finding much choice in XL and XXL sizes in Thai depatment stores. If you want genuine top brands, in your size at knock down prices TK Maxx is your friend, although the branch I use in England for my Nikes, Calvin Kleins, CAT etc, etc is awash with rude ugly Russians and Lithuanians.

Liked

Carefull !!

Im very suspect of anything I buy in Thailand. I bought a pair of shorts in the market,and after a few wearings they split in half on the backside. And dont buy any junk at the beaches.The frames broke almost immediatly after purchasing knockoff sunglasses. I wonder how they do the tatoo s they try to push at the beach also.

shoes

It can be challenging to find shoes larger than a size 10. There are some 11's, 12's, but not in the more popular styles.