Starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully the doctors in Chiang Mai are better, because the ones here are assholes. I'm talking about KK Ram too, which is the fancy, private hospital in town that costs 30,000 baht/night for a room.

First you have my eye doctor who says he's not 100% certain about his diagnosis, and that it's just his "best guess". Then he says my vision is just fine as is, and offers me some vitamin supplements. Well.... sorry dudem byt we're talking about my eyesight here, so you're "best guess" doesn't really cut it.

Then Leo goes down for a general check up. I wanted to talk to the doctor too, but unfortunately got left sitting in the waiting room. Leo comes back, says he requested the blood test, and the doctor actually asked him in a mocking tone, "why? scared you're HIV+?", then said a blood test won't help, writes a prescription for some sinus medication, and sends him on his way with a bill for 2100 baht.

Ok, first we're concerned about vitamin deficencies and insulin levels, not HIV. But even if we were worried about HIV, what the fuck is it to him? He's a doctor. Doctors around here should be required to take the Hippocratic Oath every 3 months or something, because many of them have obviously forgot what it says.

Apparently you have to be half dead to get decent medical assistance here. I remember I had parasitic lice in my eye one time, went to the hospital 3 times, and each time was tols the doctor is not available, and to come back later. I ended up resolving it myself with dog shampoo of all things. Then I show up half dead, extremely fatigued, can barely walk. Sure enough, I have 3 doctors check me out, a blood test, x-ray and ultrasound all done with results in hand in about an hour. So they definitely have the capacity to take care of people, but just don't give a shit unless you're half dead.

So why the fuck can't Leo get a blood test? Becayse he's from Laos, or what? Again, hopefully Chiang Mai has better doctors, because I really don't feel like flying to Singapore every time we need to see a doctor.