Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay Saunas - Plz Explain

Gay Saunas - Plz Explain

Hi,

Sorry....I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum. My questions are sincere, although they may sound naive. Please delete if inappropriate....

I'm so clueless when it comes to my gay side sometimes. I've been to thailand before, and I'm aware about silom road, and the gogo bars, and massage parlors, but I need some help understanding how a gay sauna works....I've never been to one. I started thinking about it when I saw Babylon on a list of "Must go to gay places in Bangkok".

As an example lets say Babylon.....From what I gather it's a resort type building where there are open areas to lounge, and then there's a "dark area" and I guess a sauna where people meet and have sexual encounters. I am right?

Here are my questions....
    - Would you say that Babylon is a "positive" place.....I mean other guests and stuff are friendly, and respectful? Are sauna social areas where most people come as a group, or are there more single people?
    - What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
    - So your in the "dark area" do people just start fooling around out in the open? Do people just sit around waiting for a partner? This part of the whole sauna idea confuses me the most. How do people start engaging in sexual activity and where?
    - How can you trust a stranger with such a delicate activity? Do people talk before they hook up? How do you handle people who are interested in you, but you don't feel the same? Are there aggressive people or people who might touch you without asking?
    - How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around? Not to sound silly, but are there spray bottles and paper towels around to clean up the mess, or are there paid staff who are in there just to clean?

Thanks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Gay Saunas - Plz Explain

Maybe you should go to a "gay sauna" in your home country (if there is one) to get over the FEAR FACTOR---wait, the one in your big city may be one of those small, sleazy dark rooms with the scent of Durex and "yogurt"... I am not a sauna expert, but Babylon would be considered one of the top gay saunas around because 1)the interior of the restaurant, court yard, pool grounds, and gym are designed creatively with $$$; 2) the staff is friendly and helpful; 3) the place is spacious compared with most saunas (not just small cubicles and a small sauna); 4)the locker with a lock comes with towels (2), a packet of lubricant and one propylactic. For the volume of people, it is relatively clean for a Friday or Saturday night.

One does NOT have to go to Babylon for "play", but one can go there to use the gym, have a drink around the pool, eat at the restaurant, mingle with people at the bar and see the floor show on Saturday night (not as good as DJ's). I've been there with my friends just to hang out at the pool, use the gym, and just "people watch". It is up to you if you want to go into the dark, steam sauna (and be groped by someone as if he is checking out a riped melon) or you can walk up stairs to the dark room corridor and check out the eye candy and maybe get lucky. If this is your first gay sauna expereince, then Babylon would be a good, safe start. Of course, common sense is to be used just like any play ground that you may go to.

FYI - After visiting Babylon you most likely won't be happy with the sauna in your hometown.

There is a humorous YOUTUBE video on visiting a gay sauna --check it out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by tenten
    Hi,

Sorry....I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum. My questions are sincere, although they may sound naive. Please delete if inappropriate....

I'm so clueless when it comes to my gay side sometimes. I've been to thailand before, and I'm aware about silom road, and the gogo bars, and massage parlors, but I need some help understanding how a gay sauna works....I've never been to one. I started thinking about it when I saw Babylon on a list of "Must go to gay places in Bangkok".

As an example lets say Babylon.....From what I gather it's a resort type building where there are open areas to lounge, and then there's a "dark area" and I guess a sauna where people meet and have sexual encounters. I am right?

- Would you say that Babylon is a "positive" place.....I mean other guests and stuff are friendly, and respectful? Are sauna social areas where most people come as a group, or are there more single people?
    - What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
    - So your in the "dark area" do people just start fooling around out in the open? Do people just sit around waiting for a partner? This part of the whole sauna idea confuses me the most. How do people start engaging in sexual activity and where?
    - How can you trust a stranger with such a delicate activity? Do people talk before they hook up? How do you handle people who are interested in you, but you don't feel the same? Are there aggressive people or people who might touch you without asking?
    - How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around? Not to sound silly, but are there spray bottles and paper towels around to clean up the mess, or are there paid staff who are in there just to clean?

Thanks
    Everyone feels a little nervous the first time they go to one... but really, the best way is to just go and find out for yourself. It's a pretty easy going environment... you can just wonder around watching what others do if you want.

- Babylon seems to be a pretty positive place

- I think most people wear a towel. You get given a towel when you go in. You strip off, shower and wrap the towel around to walk around.

- Usually, you flirt a little, and if you are serious and the chemistry (lust more like it) is right you go to a private room, these are everywhere... for a little privacy. Sometimes stuff happens in the open as well.

- Trust?... How many dates do you normally go on before you get physical?... There is usually not much talk. It's just looks, gestures and um, hand movements.

- If someone makes a pass at you and you don't like them, just ignore it, or politely shake your head. Some will be more aggressive... in this case you just have to be more aggressive in your dismissal.

- Most saunas get cleaned regularly... there's usually a guy going around with a mop all the time.

I think most people feel comfortable either way. Single or in a group, it really makes no difference.

-What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
    I think the majority of people wear a towel, but it is not necessary to do so. You will see some around the pool and outside bar area in a swimming suit. Many wear workout clothes in the gym. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. You will have a locker so change into whatever outfit suits you.

For the most part, people walk around looking for a hookup. Some hang around the pool, and some hang around the hall of the small hook-up rooms. Usually, if there is eye contact, you might have an interested party. Some make small talk, and some just motion to an empty room. Others go straight to the steam room or dark area and grope. Up to you.

How can you trust a go-go boy with such a delicate activity? Some people do talk before and after hook-ups. Some people just hang around the steam room or dark areas and do what they feel. If you are in the steam room and some one gropes you, just move his hand away and walk on. Other than the steam room and dark room, people are usually not that aggressive. If someone approaches you in the hallway and you are not interested just smile and say no thanks.

I am no expert on saunas, but I find the Babylon is clean. The staff usually does a good job keeping things clean. A roll of toilet paper is in each of the small cubicles but no spray bottles. It is a good idea to wipe down the vinyl mat before starting your activity.

- How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around?
    BOTTLEY FLUIDS ??????

There may be bodily fluids (cum,piss etc) or maybe even some botty fluids (prescribe Immodium for 2-3 days).
    Babylon is usually very clean and the cabins are given a wipe down from time to time during the evening.
    There are also lots of showers to run to if you do step or roll in anything nasty.

Thanks for the notes guys.

I think my biggest hesitation of going is being groped or violated, although I'm guessing it's not a big deal if you make it clear you're not interested. I also don't think I can "perform" without privacy, and while (right after seeing) other people I don't find attractive going at it. Man I sound like a total wuss!!!

Maybe I feel this way because most of my intimate moments involved cuddling, kissing, spooning, massaging, and really connecting with my partner in a warm and private environment, and a sauna seems really raw and open. But I do like the idea of having more "play". I'll have to go and find out for myself.....it could be that saunas aren't my thing.

Tenten, what a fussbudget you are!
    being groped or violated,
    I hope you grasp the little difference!

warm and private environment
    Warm it is in the sauna, and private as well. No woman far and wide. Go to the sauna at once! And I will sing a song for you.

Quote Originally Posted by smiling-straitjacket
    Tenten, what a fussbudget you are!
    being groped or violated,
    I hope you grasp the little difference!

warm and private environment
    Warm it is in the sauna, and private as well. No woman far and wide. Go to the sauna at once! And I will sing a song for you.
    I know the difference.....by violated, I mean the violation of my personal space. To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me. OK I know.....I'm just coming up with random things now! See what happens when you let your mind wander.

I might actually hold you to your words......get your song ready. :monkey:

To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me.
    Don't worry the feeling is mutual... :idea: :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by khorthodkrub
    To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me.
    Don't worry the feeling is mutual... :idea: :idea:
    might be a useful insight into how gogo boys feel